got through the first day

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lardsgirl, Feb 15, 2006.

1. lardsgirl

lardsgirl New Member

well, I made it there the first day and again the first night with the worst headache..I did go with my husband last night to the sports show and could hardly walk the stairs...to the ramp....and into the house... He made comments about how exhausted I looked...must be from the dope, didn't sleep until 4:00am and set the clock to go off at 5:30....

anyway, my husband woke me at 5:00 and I let out a a deep sigh and he took it like I was rejecting him, he got out of bed, said it would be along time before he'd wake the dope addict...when I asked him why he said it...you know, I don't need to tell you!

It is going to be a long week!

He is at a loss and I know that..He always wants to fix things and it doesn't matter how I have explained things or read articles and showed him books. He thinks if I start really exercising hard, and not SLEEPING so much I would be better..I got about 5 hours of sleep prior to stopping everything...I just give up!!!!
  2. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

your meds are prescribed and they are necessary. He probably feels inadequate himself especially if he's used to fixing everything but thats a problem he'll have to overcome.

I hope things get easier for you both.

love
    Rosie
  3. lardsgirl

lardsgirl New Member

It just is so frustrating when the person who should understand is the biggest stumbling block...thanks for lending an ear...
  4. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Lardsgirl:
    Do not get so down about it all. Maybe you can bring your husband to a few doctor appointments and let the doc explain it to him. It might give you more credibility.
    And definitely take the meds you are given. You deserve to get out of pain as much as possible and also to rest when needed.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  5. matthewson

matthewson New Member

I hate to say this, but that is verbal abuse and you need to shut him down immediately! Don't let anyone treat you like that! You are worth more than that to be verbally abused!

Please try to get some counceling for yourself and your husband. No one should have to put up with verbal abuse! If he doesn't get it, he doesn't get it (meaning understanding the disease), but to verbally abuse you like that is unacceptable!

Please consider getting some help to change this situation. It is not good for your health to have to put up with this!

Take care, Sally
  6. lardsgirl

lardsgirl New Member

started back on the meds...my husband....he probably will never understand...the pain was so bad and he did see what was happening...I will never go off my meds again..went home from work yesterday..could hardly get up the stairs...He helped with the laundry,,wow....iced my leg, neck and shoulder..thanks for all the support..I will quit "B*t**i*g" now..