Got xray results today.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Engel, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Engel

Engel New Member

On top of the FMS I have Dengenerative Disc disease. The rheumy called me personally (I was shocked) and he said the x-rays show degenerative disc disease (C5, 6 & 7) and it is possibly in other discs (he only had neck and shoulders x-rayed. He wants me to see a neuro-surgeon. Is there any end to all of this?
  2. dreamer28455

dreamer28455 New Member

hey engel! my mris showed this too but the doc said that it isn't causing the pain i'm in. i was sent to a neurologist who said he couldnt help me b/c it wasnt causing the pain. i hope you dont have to get surgery! have you decided on going to a diff doc beside the rhuemy?? he sounds no good to me as well as his staff!! Your story really upset me! i really hope you get things straightened out and you can get your pain to a tolerable level!! Your in my thoughts! Keep me posted on the neuro-surgeon!!

<3 Rachel <3
  3. Engel

Engel New Member

I don't know what to think anymore. I am really hurting and down in the dumps ... can't lay or sit and even reclining is beginning to bother me. Only 53 and worse off than most 73 year olds. :-( I hope surgery isn't recommended. I hear that can open up a whole nuther can of worms.
  4. tcpolchies

tcpolchies New Member

I was DX with DDD in the neck which my GP believe's is the real cause of my back and neck pain. I disagreed with her of course and so does my Rheumy, lol. He states its the severe case of Vit -D defifiency that may be causing the chronic muscle spams -pain throughout the body but mainly on back, neck and legs. Chiro care stopped working so..we are back to phase one, lol. Sorry I couldnt be of more help.

T~
  5. dononagin

dononagin New Member

I'm hearing it's a normal part of ageing - I'm 47 and have it throughout my entire spine, along with a slipped vertabre, bone spurs, artritis in the facet joints and the sciatic... ugh!

There are alot of us with it. I'm seeing an ortho, getting steroid shots in my neck and may be going out for surgury for the slipped vertabre. As for the rest of it, theres not a ton they can do unless it is causing nerve impengement.

If you do a search here for degenerative disc disease and also just for ddd there is a ton of us here with this.

I wonder to if there is an end to this. Don't get yourself into a panic at this point, just see what the neuro says. Avoid heavy lifting, never ever lean over to pick things up, squat with your legs. Physical therapy helps some people, anti-inflammatorys, I currently take vicodan, soma, and naproxen for mine. The good thing is I'm finally getting pain killers as my rhumy only gives me cymbalta..

Good luck Engel, and don't panic.. There is a lot of us in the same boat.. I'm here if you need me -

Hugs,
    Dona