Gotta Get a Grip!!! Green Drinks

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by jaminhealth, Jun 1, 2013.

1. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

Had a nice massage and good TALK with the massage therapist yesterday.
    Talking about Pain and Inflammation and all I've been dealing with and
    she really really is pushing me to get on the Juicing Wagon and I'll start
    today....going to our Coop and buy a couple good green drinks,, they make
    them there, and drink one for dinner tonight and have one in the morning.

I'll buy some ogranic greens and make some juices at home then...

It's work and takes motivation, but I feel could help to rid some of this
    pain in my joints, etc. and clean the liver and other organs...

She highly recommends coffee enemas and I know about those those but
    but never did them YET....this is basically the Gerson Therapy. jam
  2. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Member

Jamin, have you tried taking SAMe for your arthritis pain? I've read a couple of articles lately that claim that it works even better than glucosamine, chondroitin, and MSM. It not only helps with the pain, but also helps to rebuild the cartilage. I hope that you find something that works because I know how debilitating pain can be. :(
  3. jaminhealth

TL, I've given SAMe two trys over the years, at the lower dose and then did a higher dose a couple yrs ago....no go. Did nothing for me.

I'm really going to "try" hard to do some green juicing a couple times per day for a while which can help to take the burden off the liver, etc and people even lose weight doing this....bought some nice organic greens and will make a spinach/cilantro/ginger/apple, lemon juice tomorrow.

A friend does this every week or so and she says it's amazing how much arthritis pain relief she gets...gotta just keep with it.

I bought a fresh made drink at our coop for dinner tonight and drank about 10 oz, my body probably doesn't know what hit it.
  4. stick2013

stick2013 Member

Sam e did nothing for me either. Just wasted money as far as I am concerned. Jam, I would do the green veggie drinks, but I can not afford to buy a juicer. I have a blender, so I guess I could try with that. I might just go and buy some spinach, but I don't like the taste of ginger......

I suppose I could just try different veggies, and fruit to see what I come up with that is palatable...
  5. jaminhealth

Stick, I use my blender, don't own a juicer, have no room for one but feel a blender can do the job, and I get more pulp with my drink. Be imaginative, use some fresh greens, add lemon with peel, add some apple with peel and supplement with a green powder product, some stevia if needed.

Listening to a health guru on the radio right now, he's talking about this very subject....try to do it for a couple meals per day for a while and see how much difference once can feel without loading the body up with all the heavy foods we have been eating...almost all very acidic...

I think once a person starts to feel better, they won't want to go back to the old ways of heavy eating...

Again be creative, there is so much we can add to these drinks,,,some cinammon, whey powder, drabs of coconut milk, some clean water.....there is a world of what one can add to these drinks....it's just doing it and feeling better by doing them.....

I've done this over the years but not with the motivation I feel right now....getting rid of some pain is my goal and not by adding more drugs to the already burden body. I plan to do this for 2 meals per day and add a light food for the other meal...

It's a mindset we have to overcome, the greens are so healthy for us, not processed, etc....and weight loss can happen. jam
  6. jaminhealth

Julie, it takes commitment and the massage therapist gave me the PUSH, I've done juicing off and on but never long enough and in recent months, I've been eating stuff I know is not good for my body....

I just made up my drink for this afternoon and it's amazing what one can add to them, I'm going to buy some green powder AGAIN and add it to the fresh greens too....

A 1/2 apple with peels is a great flavor to the drink.....don't want to add too much sugar, but some like a piece of pineapple or mango or 1/2 apple, or berries but small amounts of sugars.....

It becomes a lifestyle and your body loves it. jm
  7. jaminhealth

Made it all day with 3 green drinks from my blender...they were so good...I love being creative with them...so so "love" the coconut manna, just bought another jar when I ordered some green powders...

I may have a little solid something later.....
  8. jaminhealth

Diane, I could have made it with the 3 drinks, but I had a little leftover cod from the night before which had some salsa on it, so I had that about 6:30 or so...and a few pcs of cantalope I had to cut up yesterday...

The drinks are filling but one can get hungry feeling, so I have a 2nd drink about 1pm or so....etc....I keep my blender filled with a fresh drink and refrigerate it. I ordered some powdered greens to add to my fresh stuff so that should be coming soon. I add whey powder too for more protein.

The Manna is a like a coconut spread texture, Nutivia has a lot of info on it online, it is soooo yummy, I take tsp a couple times a day, little fat and hardly any sugar and very healthy all in all. I add a couple tsps to my drinks.

Being creative with these drinks is becoming fun. I think once a person gets accustomed to this "world" the stomach etc. will adjust...we are so accustomed to filling up our bellies with heavy foods, right?

I will go to the market tomorrow to replenish some of my green supply, all in all I believe I'm saving money too.

Just doing them 2 times a day can have benefits, then a lighter meal later....I just want to see how my body will react with these drinks and not a bunch of heavy food. The bottled drinks are not as healthy as they are pasturized and processed for shelf life.

I've done this off and on but this time I'm getting serious about it.

A person on a arthritis board who just joined has been taking Celebrex 20 yrs and I wonder what that has done to her stomach, etc...then she announces she is addicted to diet sodas....yikes...I was talking about the cleansing of green drinks and she said is there chocolate in them....how uninformed so many are.
  9. jaminhealth

I'm doing this for my weight issues and pain issues...seeing pictures of my ex who just died in April and how "fat" he got, was another wake up for me to look at. He "loved" food and drink and it showed..

I've never been as heavy as I am today and would LOVE to take off at least 10 lbs....so we shall see how this all unfolds...so much comfort foods out there and not a comfort to our bodies in the end.
  10. jaminhealth

I'm just cooking a little batch of black Forbidden rice and will taste it later today. I'll add some Manna to it and that should be really tasty.

I'm sure this is all eaiser to do when cooking for one person only....

And I have already eliminated breads from my house...so don't miss them at all.
  11. jaminhealth

I had a "fresh" 16 oz green custom made drink last Saturday and drank some of it coming home and saved the rest in refrig and then used it the next morning to make my own green drink....with spinach, cilantro, whey etc....there are a multitude of ideas on these drinks.
  12. jaminhealth

This is encouraging....wonder how I'll look with 10-20 lbs less, hope my face doesn't get too thin:

www.justonjuice.com/can-you-lose-weight-by-juicing/
  13. jaminhealth

Julie, I didn't know there were "greens" with chocolate flavor, does not appeal to me... Greens are greens and that is what I want in my drinks....I did 2 today and had a cup of Trader Joe Chicken Chili and added some black rice and sour cream to that chili....it was yummy. I'm not cooking these days now.

Your family dinner sounds too good....yum.....

Talking to my gf again about this juicing and she has gone on and off with it and she needs to lose a bunch of wt, but falls off the wagon so to speak...Julie, how long have you been sorta faithfully juicing to lose the weight you've lost?
  14. jaminhealth

Hi Julie, eggs as wonderful as they taste every which way, have an inflammatory response to the body. Yolks are the inflammation cause.

www.reducing-inflammation.com/inflammatory_foods.html
    I followed the Blood Type Eating book and found for my blood type Chicken is an enemy with
    the muscle tissue of the chicken contains agglutinating
    lectin which is not good for Type B's...so I got spooked with
    eating chicken....but still do on occasion.

With aging everything changes and for me, the hip
    replacement changed my life and not for the best in
    MANY ways.....

Good on the weight loss, I'm looking forward to losing some, now to the morning's drink.

This post went all over the place, hope it's readable.
  15. jaminhealth

Getting into this "program" juicing for 2 meals, I'm finding it FUN to create tasty green drinks with a little bit of fruit...today I added a few raisins and a prune and a couple chunks of pineapple...

Don't want to overdo the fruit, as we are working on eliminating sugars.....

I use a base of coconut milk and water and go from there and find the blender works very very well...one does not have to invest in a juicer. I make a qt size drink and for breakfast drink 16 oz in 2 separate drinks...store the balace in the refrig for my afternoon drink. The coconut manna is a great touch and some necessary fats for our bodies, but not excessive.
  16. jaminhealth

Just put together a new batch:

Spinach, Beet Greens, Kale, Cilantro, Cucumber, Carrot, 1/2 apple, couple hands of blueberries, 3 chunks cantalope, water, coconut milk....whey protein powder, couple tsps of coconut manna. Lemon with rind and ginger.

So good, but finding I may only be able to do one drink per day and "small" meals in between....no snacking on junk foods....I got pretty fatigued yesterday on 2 green drinks so blood sugar may have dropped or detox or just too much too soon for this body accustomed to solid foods for so many years....so going slower for a while. but still going.
    lydia1 likes this.
  17. stick2013

stick2013 Member

For those of you that have the Kindle, or the kindle app downloaded on you tablet or computer.... Today June 6th only... You can download Juicing, the complete guide to juicing for weight loss, health and life. for $2.99. Pretty good deal, it gives you recipes, and the pros and cons for juicing.
  18. jaminhealth

Just heard Dr. Bob Marshall, pHD on the radio, he was talking about a good green drink for the mornings and was talking about oxalic acid which is in kale, spinach, swiss chard, almonds, cashews, chocolate.....as pulling calcium out of the body and I sorta knew about the negatives on oxalic acid and the body....so I'm changing my drink and going to go with a good green powder and adding beet greens, cucumber, and what I'm using but removing the oxalic greens.....I needed to hear this today.....
  19. jaminhealth

I purchased to diff green powders, the one I really like is loaded with spirulena, wheat grass, alfalfa, beet, brown rice, barley bran and other good stuff and NOT spinach and kale.. and used it this morning and added my creative touches of my cilantro, beet greens, romaine, some fruits on a base of water and coconut milk, coconut manna, flaxseed, and what I've used before but not with spinach and kale...the drink is SO GOOD...wish I had bought two cans of this one called Green Max Powder....I may send the other one back depending on how much trouble to send back....this green max powder had over 130 reviews from the company and MOST all positive...I know that adding one's ingredients makes a nice difference...jam

This is my breakfast, 16 oz. I have NOT had an egg in a week....but have not given them up totally.
  20. jaminhealth

My STOMACH is reducing, I'm into my 2nd week with my green drink for breakfast, 16 oz of a yummy green healthy drink. And still eat no Bread and resist pasteries as best I can....It's working!!!!!!!!!