Gotten disability without having to....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Andrea4, Apr 11, 2006.

1. Andrea4

Andrea4 New Member

HAs anyone gotten disability without having to see one of the SSA doctors? has anyone just applied, waited their 90 days and surprisingly got it?
  2. aka1977

aka1977 New Member

I received disability back in 2002 after waiting for my 6 month wait period. I never had to see a doctor but I did have to see a psycologist, and I had my three year review in 2005 where I also had to go see another psycologist, and I got a letter that my benefits would continue.
  3. mildred623

mildred623 New Member

I did. I received mine on the first try. Was never sent to any of their doctors. About 4-5 months after I applied the money showed up in my bank account. I never even received the approval letter. That was over 10 years ago.
  4. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I saw doctors for about 5 minutes each.Linda
  5. code34me

code34me New Member

I had a phone interview a few weeks ago. They sent me some papers to sign for dotors release of information. I singned them sent them back and dont know what the nest step is? Do you know? Is it a six month waiting period? Just wonder?

Take care of you! Codey

P.S. it is nice to see that some have not had to struggle for there disability!
  6. lhoffpauir

lhoffpauir New Member

Is there anyone out there who can give me some tips about getting my ssd? I applied for the first time in 2002 and I have gone through any and every doctor you can think of, any and all tests you can think of and I finally hired an attorney (who is worthless). Please help me......
  7. kholmes

kholmes New Member

My first claim was rejected, but then I got it on the first appeal. I had thought that I would have to hire a lawyer and fight them for a year to get it. I did have a doctor who firmly believes in CFS and wrote a strong letter in my support.
    Kholmes
  8. Andrea4

Andrea4 New Member

you'll get more packets of papers to fill out...about your daily activities and so on. whoever you listed as your closest person who knows you and your illnesses will get a packet too...in my case it was my dh.

good luck!
  9. glafdy

glafdy New Member

In May of 2005 I sent in my application and some doctors reports I had. I did not hear from Social Security again until I got back for vacation in Sept 2005 and found over $6000 in my bank account. I found the money in my account before I opened the mail and found the letter.

I did not have to see any of their doctors. I think that was because I had quite a list of my own doctors for many different problems and they all agreed I needed to go on disability. I had heard horror stories about seeing the SS doctors, so was very relieved that I got my disability without having to see them.

Glady
  10. cerise

cerise New Member

If a person meets certain criteria as specified in the 5-step sequential process the State Disability Services Office follows for making determinations, there is a good chance of getting SSD without having to request a hearing before an Administrative Law Judge (ALJ).

If a person is 55 or older, has little or no education, and previous employment was considered unskilled labor and the claimant's disabiility meets a listing under the SSA List of Impairments as established by their medical records, there should be no problem getting approved right away.

It's case by case and state by state.

Prior to getting married, both my husband and I applied for SSDI & SSI through the same SSA Office (same state, same city, same office). He was 45 at the time and I was 38 when I applied.

I applied in July 1995. My disability based on CFIDS & related medical & psychological problems. My case is STILL pending!

On the other hand, my husband applied 2 years AFTER I did and his was based on bi-polar disorder & he received SSDI almost right away (less than a year and NO hearings).

11. Bambi

Bambi New Member

in construction work his whole life. He applied for back problems. He was turned down once and then got the lawyer here in Phoenix that has a good record and was approved. I have friends though who waited four years to get approved and others who were approved in a year, one because the state declared her husband permanently mentally ill.

What he IS is a drug addict, but he DOES have physical problems too. She got it because she is morbidly obese. We are no longer friends as they are both into the newest awful drug out and I cannot relate to her at all any more. When I met her she was a school teacher and didn't so much as drink a glass of wine. If he told her to jump off a bridge, and it's the same thing to me, she would. Sorry for the personal remarks but it gags me.