Gram, Didoe, Gran, Lydia Thanks for the thoughts on my surgery

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by texangal81, Jul 22, 2008.

1. texangal81

texangal81 New Member

My surgery is this Friday and for those of you who haven't read my posts, I am having the lap-band procedure. It will be as an out-patient and the procedure takes about 35-40 minutes. They told me I'll be there about 4 hours. I am guessing the pain level will be somewhere between when I had my tubes tied (minimal) and my c-sections (excruciating *L*). Since it is laparoscopy, the pain will be closer to my tubal than the c-section which is akin to being cut in half with a Black and Decker circular saw.

Oddly enough, since I've been on the pre-op diet (high protein/low carb, NO JUNK) I have been feeling GREAT! Very little fatigue, no flu-ishness, although I still have the FM pain. However, I have also been quite hungry and the only reason I haven't given in to temptation is because I know they'll cancel the surgery if I do. So I'm not taking this lightly.

I am honestly amazed at how good I feel. Granted, the doc DID refill my vicodin and darvocet so I'm sure that is part of why I'm feeling so great - the pain level is tolerable. But I had darvocet during my last flare and it didn't do a darn thing to improve my fatigue and the "I just can't" feeling. I am sure that my diet has a lot to do with it. Whatever it is, let's just pray it lasts!

I will post a message as soon as I'm up to it on Friday to let ya'll know how it went. It is supposed to be a quick recovery - 2-3 days and I plan on spending the weekend snoozing, watching chick flicks, and maybe reading if I can find a decent book. Of course, that is baring any unusual or unexpected glitches.
  2. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

Just wanted to let you know I will be thinking of you on Friday as well and praying that your healing time will be successful and fast.

We will be awaiting news so as soon as you are up to it, please post and let us know how you are doing.

3. jole

jole Member

Prayers from me too! I really do hope this is the answer for you, and that things go great with a quick and easy recovery time.

You know, I just read your profile and noticed that we share the same birthday! Although I am quite a bit older than you. Yes, aren't grandchildren great?? Mine are what keeps me going also!

Again, best of luck and will be watching for your news broadcast after the surgery...

Friends ****Jole****
  4. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

I guess you are still alive considering that pre op "diet" you were supposed to go on before hand. From what you said it did not sound to thrilling, to say the least.

Hang in there hon, and I hope all goes really well for you on friday. Keep us abareast when you can.

5. texangal81

texangal81 New Member

Yes! LOTS of pictures! They took my measurements a while back during one of my prep appointments. I hope I can teach my mom how to correctly use my camera *L*.

I am feeling a little "flu-y" today, watching movies and praying for an easy day at work. I might try to go home early if it won't raise any eyebrows. The boss is out the next two days and we are a little casual around here when that happens.

I have to be there tomorrow morning at 9:30, so I imagine the surgery is around 11:00. You know they want you there hours before! I would think I'll by home by 4:00 and maybe I'll be up to a quite update tomorrow. I'll keep ya'll posted!