Granddaughter arrived tonight.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rosemarie, Jan 8, 2007.

1. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

Hello,
    I just got the news I have a granddaughter. She was born around 9:50 her mother had not even gotten a room yet , so it could not have been that long ago. This is my second grandchild but first girl. I am so excited and happy.

I am thankful that I don't have my masty cough any more. Or I would not be able to go and see her tomorrow. My daughter lives about a hours drive from us and I don't know if I can drive that long of a drive but I will try.

It is so amazing that some thing like this granddaughter can make your aches and pains go away.{for a while anyway.}

I am so very tired tonight. My Mom wanted to go to work today for the first time ina month. But I had to stay outside in the car incase she wanted to go home. It takes about 20 minutes to get to the school where she works at in the library{sp}.

So I sat wrapped up in blankets as it was in the 20 degrees at 10:00 am, I was getting so cold that I started the car and got the hearter running and that helped me to stop shaking.

But I was so tired from not sleeping well the last night that I fell alseep. I was awakened by a lady banging on the window to see if I was ok as I had not moved in a while. I told her I was find and just waiting for my mom. About an hour and a half later mom comes out and I drove to the upper parking lot and picked her up .

Then we went to lunch at Wendy's. It was when I went to stand up that I found I could not stand up with out holding on to the car. MY knees were hurting and had locked up so I had to wait for a few moments for them to release so I could move.

I am not liking this cold weather and it is just going to get worse so I hear from the weather news. How fun for me. I don't li ke the cold and it does not like me either, when I finally got home I wrapped up in a blanket and fell alseep for a few hours I was just so sleepy that my eye's would not stay open.

I did get up and do some house work and when my hubby came home he asked the usual question ? a have you heard from J yet? J is my daughters inital she is 22.

Every day we have asked that question as she has been in the hospital once and contrating for the past weeks. This last week things had picked up and when she would call she would tell me that the contractions were close to gether and painful.

Tonight while my hubby was out he called and told me that J was in teh hospital but her hubby didn't think that the baby would come till early morning. But I felt that it would be before then. I am not so sure that this babies older brother is going to like her , I think he will be very jelous for a long time as he likes his mommy when he is tired and onery.

He and this baby girl have been haveing a shoving war from the time she could push back and he could feel her pushing at him, he wanted more room on mommy's lap and was not getting it. I hope that he will be nice and keep the routine that they finally have him on. I would like to go and spend a few days with her when her hubby goes back to work as she will have her hands full with a new born as well as a 21 month boy.

But she does not have the room for me to stay over night as the apartment is so small and she does not want us to come and get our grandson as she wants him to learn to be good around his little sister.

New granddaughter arrived around 9:50 om January 8th 2007
    Weighing in at 6 lbs 15 oz and 20 inches long. I don't know if she has hair or not as her mother did not tell me. And I am not sure of her name as of yet. I think I may know but I will wait till I am told .

Well thanks for letting me rant and vent about my aches and pains as well as announce the birth of my 1st granddaughter.
    HUGS TO ALL,
    Rosemarie
  2. suzannekart

suzannekart New Member

CONGRADULATIONS!!!!!!
    How perfectly wonderful.
    Suzanne
  3. PepperGirl52

PepperGirl52 New Member

SOOO happy for you all!!! Give her a million and one kisses from all of us, and enjoy all the time you have with her-it goes by way too fast!!! CONGRATS!! PG
  4. elliespad

elliespad Member

Such a WONDERFUL gift. Congratulations on your new little one.
  5. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Now you'll have a granddaughter to spoil and enjoy.....it's fun. I only have one granddaughter so far and we love her to pieces.

Have fun! Terri
  6. Mwitherite

Mwitherite New Member

Congratulations to your family. Enjoy!!!!