Granddaughter Missing, Three days now

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by greatgran, Dec 2, 2007.

1. greatgran

greatgran Member

I posted about prayers for my daughter and granddaughter and thank each of you for them.

Seems things are getting worse, my granddaughter dropped the little ones off at my daughters Friday afternoon and we haven't heard from her. Try her cell phone but no answer it does ring as if she is out of town.

My daughter is trying to work 3rd shift at a nursing home and care for her 5 and 3 yr old granddaughter. My 16 yr granddaughter that is still at home is trying to help but it is affecting her . My daughter is a widow and having a hard time financially ..

I am sick with worry but my granddaughter has abandoned her children so many times but never more than two days.

My daughter has filed for custody but the hearing won't be until Jan. 15th..

Guess, I just needed to vent as we don't know what to do.

Thanks and God Bless,
    greatgran
  2. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

I am sorry to hear about your Granddaughter missing. I know it so so hard on all of you. You are all going thru so much.

Are there any friends of your granddaughter that can be called? Was she angry about something and she could be ignoring the calls? Is there any place that she goes when she does take off?

I had a grown brother do this to us about a year and half ago. We kept trying to call and I even filed a missing persons report. He walked in my Dad's housr 5 days later and had been on a dope thing. He got mad because I filee the missing person's report. I hate to say it but I did it because he was always threating to kill himself.

We called all of the hospitals, jails, and anything we could think of. I know how scary it is.

Those little angels definately belong with their grandma. She loves them so much and takes such wonderful care of them. She is also lucky to have you to help her as are those little angels.

You and your family are in my prayers.

God bless; Pam
  3. greatgran

greatgran Member

Thank you for your reply and prayers.

My granddaughter's friends haven't been able to contact her and doesn't know where she is. I have heard that she has been with a guy that is bad news and lives out of town but that is all we know. I do suspect drugs.

It breaks my heart the little ones don't have a dad that cares for them, he is in jail, now their mom. We have done so much to help Leslie, helped her finish her education and she had a good job not sure what happened there, probably not showing up when we thought she was .

How is your brother doing, was this a one time thing? With Leslie this has going on for about 4 years the time she stays away just gets longer.

Thanks again and God Bless,
    greatgran
  4. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Dear Greatgran...

This is just so sad. Will pray for your daughter as she tried to work and care for her granddaughters. Also, I'm praying for your granddaughter to be safe and to grow up and accept the responsibility for her two children.

Please keep us updated. Worried for all of you.

Sue
  5. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

It was only one time that my brother pulled running off and being gone for so long. Unfortunately he is an alcoholic and was into drugs. He lived with my father and stole everyting that he could and hocked it. We lost Daddy on July 20 and now it is my fault if any thing goes wrong with him.

It is a shame that the little ones don't have a father that cares. They are very lucky to have you and your daughter.

God bless; Pam
  6. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Have you heard from her yet? How is your daughter doing working and keeping two babies?

My prayers for all of you. How hard for everyone, especially the kids.

Sue
  7. BonnieR

BonnieR New Member

Please let us know how things are going with you and your granddaughter. I hope she is home with you all and everything is ok. I have been thinking of you and praying that you will receive good news.

God Bless you and your family
    Bonnie