Grandson is getting his SSD taken from him/after it was spent !

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Granniluvsu, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Sorry all, I posted a rant on SSD in the wrong spot. I put it on the SS information page on the top of this page. Sorry but I didnt wanat to completely rewrite it. If you are interested please read. Hope this never happens to any of you.

It is probably the last post on that thread. I just wrote it a little bit ago. i am so aggravated. He is aboaut 16 years old and learning disabiled. That was being used for after school care and to show him how to live in the real world, after school.

2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm so sorry. Will read your post.

Love, Mikie
  3. 3gs

3gs New Member

Iam so sorry this happened. Yesterday MSN had an article about disability ending in the near future. It is also going to be very hard to even get benefits.

Can your daughter get someone to help her with this? Did they say why it was taken away?? Hopefully if it was thier mistake they will work with her to repay.

4. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

3g's - I think they had said he was eligible , and paid her a few checks (not sure how many) and then decided he was not eligible. I thought that was a terrible thing. Of course she needed the money and it was spent !! It was about $2400.

I doubt if anyone can help other than me paying her a little bit here and there. It's getting tight here too.

Hugs and blessings to you all,
  5. lea

lea Member

your family needs a Social security lawyer.