Granni/re: Strontium

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by jaminhealth, Aug 11, 2014.

1. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

I presume you still take it.. I have slacked off but will start again....maybe just 2 every other morning for a while. I'm reading a lot of reviews on Dr. Best product and one person said: make sure you take it on empty stomach first thing in the morning. And at least 2 hrs away from calcium. Strontium first thing in AM, calcium much later in the day. I take only 500mg calcium MOST days and lots more magnesium

How you doing with it? Many report reversing osteopenia and seeing the "hump" on their backs straightening up. Gaining height in their bodies too. I've lost a 2" I believe. jam
  2. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Hi Jam,

Yes, I am still taking it and I take it at night when I get up to go to the rest room. I have been taking it for over 2 years and I have supposedly gone to Osteopenia, which is what the scan says . I started out years ago and went to severe and then got a little better after taking Forteo the daily injection for 2 year. Everything else I took didn't do anything at all for my OP.. I take the usual Ca, and Mg (not together) plus Boron and Ultra Vit. K wit Advanced K2 Complex. I still take about 1500 mg Ca.

I started out taking Doctors Best and with all the stuff I take I ended up going to anther generic brand which I hear from others is just as good. I figure even if I am not in the Osteopenia range, it is much better than it was. Also, I am not fxing which is a very good thing, Good luck Jam !!! TTYL !!

Hugz,
    Granni :)
  3. jaminhealth

Granni, thanks.

Since I have a bottle and a half that I haven't used, I'm going to take it again...for prevention for sure...and as I've said, I've lost a couple inches in the last few years.....perhaps too due to shorter leg from hip replacement....

But as we age, we do lose bone....I've read a lot of good reviews on Strontium so why not? jam
  4. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Your welcome, Jam !! Good luck to you and it certainly cannot hurt you !

Hugz,
    Granni
  5. jaminhealth

Granni, I'm doing more reading on the "safety" of strontium citrate,
    which is the form I have. One site talks about it replacing calcium and magnesium.....lots of controversary about it and I'm still reading. There was a reason I stopped taking it and maybe it was this....

Here's is just one link:

www.4bonehealth.org/do-you-recommend-strontium-citrate-for-osteoporosis /‚ÄéCached
    Feb 5, 2014 ... ... for safety or effectiveness in prevention or treatment of osteoporosis. Strontium
    citrate has not been evaluated systematically in clinical trials ...
  6. jaminhealth

Back again.....I just talked to the supp expert at Jarrow and she said their company did a lot of research on strontium, they do not produce it, and it was there conclusion that "it MAY not build enough strong bone"....

Just not ENOUGH info proving it's effectivness.