Grants for Fibro

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Debsunshine, Feb 15, 2006.

1. Debsunshine

Debsunshine New Member

Hello

I was wondering if they are any fibro grants that are out there that I can apply for? Seems to be a grant for everything these days, it would be nice for some help, considering I have been sick for over 10 years and startinag to lose my savings, house, etc. Does anyone know of such a grant?
  2. stinker56

stinker56 New Member

I don't know of any but I will bump it back to the top in hopes that someone will have an answer for a good question.
    Stinker56
  3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

expenses...at first i thought you were talking about college pell grants...

but if there were grants i think someone here would have told us all about it....

we have togo to local charities and your local welfare office to start with..you don't have your bio done here...if you did maybe someone from you state or county could tell you where to start...

salvation army is a good place...

i don't know if you live out of the u.s. ..we have people from all over the world here as well that could give you a tip..

i think you need to check with churches and non profit organizations....

but like you i have lost $$$$, sold a car...and nearly lost my apt...if i didn't have people help when they did,,,alot of us lose our homes cars and savings...while waititng to hear about ssdi/ssi...

good luck
  4. Debsunshine

Debsunshine New Member

5. Debsunshine

Debsunshine New Member

Thank you for your info. I have looked in all these area and I am currently waiting for my social security. I have been denied and waiting on my appeal. My lawyer tells me that the waiting game is worse than ever. It scares me to know that some of her other clients have become homeless. I have applied for some help for my heat and electric. It really is frustrating. this is a real disease and just like Cancer .. grants should be set up for something like this disease. Probably wont happen unless one day I get strong enough and do it my self!