Grape seed extract or Schizandara ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by snowbell, Mar 2, 2012.

1. snowbell

snowbell New Member

I was wondering if someone could share their experience with Grape seed extract or Schizandra ? If anyone has had any side effects from it ? I have had fatigue for a while now and the doctors haven't been able to figure out the reason for it except for my Vit D is low. I am taking 1000 IU of vitamin D3 daily. I have been taking Grape seed extract and also Schizandra to help with the fagitue. However, since the last few months I have been getting dizzy and sleepy right after I eat lunch. Could any of these be causing hypoglycemia in me ?
  2. snowbell

snowbell New Member

Thanks so much, Leah ! My Vitamin D level was 25 when I was checked last year. It went up to 36 after 4 months of supplementing with 1000 IU daily. However, it fell down again to 32 in the winter months. I will try increasing it to 2000 IU and ask to get checked again in a couple months.

The days I am very tired, I have a brain fog and dark circles under my eyes. That's why I was thinking of hypoglycemia. I have been keeping a watch on my blood sugar levels since my mother has diabetes. I wish I could figure out the cause of feeling dizzy after eating...and also fatigue :-(

I also take beta help with acne and skin. Could that have a side effect of dizziness or lowering the blood sugar ?