Grape Seed Extract ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by quanked, Oct 30, 2008.

1. quanked

quanked Member

How long does one take GSE? How long before one notices an improvement? I am quite ignorant about supplements. I will appreciate any info. Thanks
  2. mujuer

mujuer New Member

When I started taking it over a year ago I noticed it the second day. I had a huge burst of energy. I weight 150 lbs. and I take two 100's each morning. I ran out last month and it took me two weeks to re-start it and I got another big burst of energy. I am like Jamin, I swear by the stuff. It is huge in the antioxidant world. Maybe it won't kick in as quick for you but give it some time. P
  3. quanked

quanked Member

is why I am trying this and all the promotions on this board. I thought why not give it a try?

I have been down to very little activity, multi, multi interruptions of my so called sleep and incredible mind fog, confusion, speech problems and more.

I spent a week in Illinois with my daughter. The visit ended Monday. I was there to attend a dinner honoring her (and others')completion of their carpenters' apprenticeship. I spent most of my time in bed. I had to get a couple of massages for my back as it was spasming. NOT fun.

I have to do something. Somedays are almost intolerable. I saw my primary MD about 6 or 7 weeks ago. She was suppose to find me a dr that treats these dd's and give me a referral. I am still waiting.

I started the gse about 4 weeks ago. I think it is in the 300 or 400 mgs (mgs?) range. I have not seen an improvement. I plan on taking it for 2 or 3 mos. But I really do now how long of a trial period I should give gse. I was looking for more energy and to get some of my mind back
  4. quanked

quanked Member

I forgot that one. I have had it since my first pregnancy (on and off) in 1966. The posts on swelling feet and ankles finally convinced me to order GSE. The gse has significantly helped my swelling. I stopped my water pill today. This alone is enough to keep taking it.

Thanks for you input Jam.
  5. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

About how much for 165 lbs? I started taking it again about a wk ago and have only been taking
    100mg to start. Didn't want to over do it. I have FM and horrible CFS.

I started to take it a few months ago, but didn't stick w it. I'm trying again...

Thx Hermit
  6. What is GSE supposed to do? Give more energy? Boy is that what I need. I have only found one but it has reverstrol or something like that in it, is that the one to take? Any side effects u have had?
  7. Julie24

Julie24 New Member

well i started this new multivitamin now its been 4 days and i noticed they have the grapseed extract in there, its a antioxidant i believe which is good for you! But you got ot be careful with the vitamins out there since most of them dont work they only absorb in your body 10% of less like centrum, one a day , the ones i just ordered are 85% absorb in your body there is this floral thing in there that helps keep the vitamin in your body and for it not to be excreted out of your body but its only been 4 days now since i have started them so i shall see if they work they are a bit expensive i find but i tell myself if they help with pain and fatigue, OMG ill be in heaven!

take care
  8. LadyCarol

LadyCarol Member

The main active ingredient in grape seed extract (GSE/GE) is Proanthocyanidin (also known as procyanidin oligomeric proanthocyanidin (OPC). Proanthocyanidin is also available in significant quantities in apples (especially the skin), pine bark, cinnamon, cocoa, also in green tea, bilberry, cranberry, black currant, black tea, are the main ones to note.

Proanthocyanidin is a potent anti-oxidant and is proven to significantly reduce LDL cholestrol and boost HDL cholestrol levels.
  9. jewels920

jewels920 New Member

turned me onto GSE and I've taken it every day since 2006.

I felt overall improvement in function and energy but another thing happened that I totally didn't expect--my sinus problems have disappeared! No more spring allergies! I used to take allegra-D and then benadryl with it in the springtime just to be able to breathe and talk. Now, I'm off all allergy meds.

Your experience may vary...