GRAPE SEED IS TRULY GREAT

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by poeticbobbi, Aug 10, 2007.

1. poeticbobbi

poeticbobbi New Member

FOR YEARS I HAVE HAD UNEXPLAINED SEVERE EDEMA IN MY FEET AND ANKLES.BUT SINCE SOMEONE HERE ON THIS SITE TOLD ME ABOUT GRAPE SEED (EXACT)I HAVE BEEN EXPERIENCING WAY LESS SWELLING.
    SO I SAY TO ANY OF YOU WITH EDEMA,TRY IT AND I HOPE IT WORKS FOR YOU TOO.AND THANKS TO YOU THAT SHARED THIS INFO WITH ME,AND ONCE AGAIN I FORGOT WHO IT WAS,(SORRY).BUT YOU ARE TRULY A BLESSING.
  2. poeticbobbi

poeticbobbi New Member

I AM SO HAPPY WITH THE PROGRESS I AM MAKING.
    I STILL CAN'T GET INTO ANY SHOES,I WEAR SNEAKERS AND FLIP FLOPS BUT AT LEAST MY FEET AND ANKLES LOOK LIKE THOSE OF A HUMAN NOW. AND I AM TAKING 200 - 300MG A DAY,SO AS I SEE WHAT HAPPENS I'LL MAKE THE ADJUSTMENTS.CAN YOU BELIEVE MY NEW DR.,AGREES WITH ME ON THE GRAPE SEED BECAUSE SHE HER SELF SAW THE RESULTS WHEN THE WATER PILLS FAILED MISERABLY.DOC WAS PREPARED WITH THE OLD "SORROW BUT YOU JUST HAVE TO LIVE WITH THE SWELLING" SPEECH,BUT I HAD BEEN TAKING THE GRAPE SEED AND THE SWELLING WAS GOING DOWN.BOY DID THAT FEEL GOOD TO SEE THE SHOCKED EXPRESSION ON HER FACE AND HEAR HER ADMIT THAT HERBAL METHODS DO WORK.THANKS AGAIN AND SPREAD THE WORD TO PEOPLE WHO HAVE EDEMA.GRAPE SEED HAS OTHER GOOD BENEFITS TOO,I LOOKED IT UP AND WAS PLEASANTLY SURPRISED.
  3. tandy

tandy New Member

yet another reason to try GSE.(for me)
    so glad its helping you both.
  4. hannahfaid

hannahfaid New Member

I started taking grapeseed after you raved about it and when I saw the new dr he asked how I heard of it, and I told him this message board and he said it's really good for me. He did Muscle response testing and a lot of stuff prescibed by other drs (VALTREX!) was NOT good for me even some of the supplements were NOT good(DHEA, The grapeseed is good for me and I am taking it twice a day and I will increase that in a few weeks.. Thanks again!
  5. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

I bought some grape seed extract and when I got home I found that it also contains Resveratrol--a substance found in red wine. And, I never knew if that is a good thing or not, so I haven't taken it.

Any ideas anyone?
  6. juls6

juls6 New Member

"Resveratrol is produced naturally by several plants when under attack by bacteria or fungi."

I think that would be good for us. I just started GSE this past weekend. I have to say, so far so good. I haven't had to wake up with a stuffy nose and no sinus in the day.

I also added Olive leaf extract about 2 weeks ago.
    Never sure how long each item takes for benefit so I try to give it 2 weeks. I definately feel better.
  7. jewels920

jewels920 New Member

Been taking it a week now and I hafta admit, I feel just generally a lot better.

Jules
  8. jewels920

jewels920 New Member

Thank you for the compliment--it's just a cheesy Glamour Shots pic.

I sure appreciate your persistance with the grapeseed extract. Sometimes I hear so much about things that might help from so many, I tend to tune it out to avoid being overwhelmed.

Jules
  9. mcbeth

mcbeth New Member

Where does everyone buy Grape Seed extract? Can you get it at Walgreens or Wal-Mart? Is it a capsule or liquid and how much do you start with.

I have edema in my feet and ankles and my doctor has put me on Lasix. I don't think it is really working that well so I thought I can try the Grape seed. Sure can't hurt to try it.

Thanks
    <br>[<i>This Message was Edited on 08/23/2007</i>]
  10. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

bought liquid GSE which is grapefruit seed extract. Now I just have to remember to take it. Maybe it will help.

I couldn't find any grape seed extract.

tee
    <br>[<i>This Message was Edited on 08/24/2007</i>]
  11. tansy

tansy New Member

Hi Tee

If you are taking meds you need to check grapefruit seed extract’s possible interaction with them; it can make many meds more potent. Some concerns have also been raised that its effectiveness means it can knock out beneficial bacteria in the gut, so probiotics or live yoghurt are needed too, but taken at a different time of the day.

I’ve used grapefruit seed extract in the past but only for short periods of time

TC, Tansy

<br>[<i>This Message was Edited on 08/24/2007</i>]
  12. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

Now, how can grapefruit seed extract be an antiviral while grape seed extract is an antioxidant? Hmmmm? Weird!

I will try to look online for liquid grapeseed extract. It's such a drag that i can't take pills anymore.

Tee
  13. ann31065

ann31065 New Member

I started it on Friday. I'm not sure how much to take. I weigh 125lbs. I am taking 200mg is that enough? How long should I stay at that dose? Help! Oh, by the way my nose is not stuffy for the first time in a long time. YEA!!!
    Ann
  14. Scapper

Scapper New Member

I don't have edema.

Can you tell me what other ailments are helped by this, other than a general immune system builder?

I thought I had seen that seasonal allergies are helped?

If anyone can report benefits, I would appreciate it...this is a rough time of year w/ allergy symptoms for me....as well as other cfs symptoms.

scapper
  15. PBandJ

PBandJ New Member

On the advice of Jaminhealth I purchased a bottle of grapeseed extract.

I took the first bottle and thought that it really didn't help, but..... when I got to the end of the bottle and didn't purchase another I realized the "snuffles" came back. Just a little bit of allergy. I then realized that very quietly the GSE had alleviated the allergy symptoms I have had for a long time, but didn't realize it until I had gone off of the GSE. Needless to say I will be getting another bottle and not running out this time.

Thanks Jamminhealth!!!
    PB
  16. skikat

skikat New Member

just ws reading this thread and wanted to put my 2 cents in...lol.. i have noticed for years that every time i take the lasix that has been prescribed for me, after 2 days on it, i cannot pee by myself! i have to stop it and begin to drink lots and lots of water, and then sometimes it is the next day before i start on my own. crazy huh?
    hugs-ski
  17. harmony21

harmony21 New Member

do you take both Grapeseed and Fish oil????

Lady in shop told me there is a diference between Flax seed and Grape seed two completely different oils but what about Fish?????

I was taking Flax and it was great fro my psaorisis but what else?????

thanks for the input I will be waiting eagerly

angel hugs to you all
    Connie
  18. ann31065

ann31065 New Member

19. harmony21

harmony21 New Member

will try and decipher the whole lot and try and motivate myself to take these and see what happens

angel hugs
    connie
  20. scrappnmom

scrappnmom Member

I just want to make sure I am understanding this right. Is Grape Seed Extract the same as Grapefruit Seed Extract? I was getting exciting about trying it and then saw the note about grapefruit seed. I think grapefruit seed can interact with my seizure medicine. So, would this be safe for someone who has epilepsy and takes Keppra?

Thanks for your advice!