Graprefruit Seed Extract

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by acer2000, May 5, 2009.

1. acer2000

acer2000 New Member

Has anyone had a bad reaction to Grapefruit Seed Extract? I took some of the nutribiotic brand for a yeast flare up and it seems to have taken care of the yeast flare, but it has left me feeling more spacey and over sedated. Kind of like I took too much klonopin or something. I read it can contain some nasty preservatives, but for the most part nobody seems to complain about adverse reactions. Anyone?

2. jole

jole Member

I for one cannot take it. Just because things are "all natural" does not mean some of us cannot have reactions to it. Actually, the brand I was going to try had yeast as an ingredient, and I'm very allergic to yeast....glad I read the ingredients. ***Jole***
  3. acer2000

acer2000 New Member

4. acer2000

acer2000 New Member

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for the reply. How long did it take the spaciness to wear off in your son? I took it almost a week ago and I still am feeling the effects. Although they are less than at first. Anyways, yeah its strongs stuff. I think it messed up my GI tract more than helped it. And I have since read that the anti-microbial effect has more to do with the chemicals they use to process it, than the grapefruit itself. So its not really "natural". I just hope I didn't poison myself with the perservatives. I'm so sensitive to that stuff, you know?

As for other stuff, I am getting a workup right now from a new doctor. I previously responded to zithromax, so they are doing an exhaustive search for why that is. I think I tested positive for a relatively rare species of Bartonella, but I don't have all the results yet. Its encouraging though.. so we'll see.