Gratitude

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BethM, Aug 23, 2006.

1. BethM

BethM New Member

This morning I read the following quote on a site called "Women at Heart". The words made me think about myself and my life and my attitudes.

Any comments on this subject?

“Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.”

-- Melody Beattie

Peace,
    Beth.
  2. wordbyrd

wordbyrd New Member

Enough. That's the word that resonated with me.

Rather than focusing on what we want, what we need (or think we want and need), it brings us back to a state of satisfaction that yes, it's enough, and it's good.

Hope that made sense. I'm rather stupid with pain right now & having a hard time expressing myself.

Thanks for posting the quote. Melody Beattie is a wise woman. She's written several books about codependency that are quite good.

--wordbyrd
  3. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

I think it was Oprah who recommended writing a gratitude journal. Every day (or night) you write 10 things that you are grateful for. You can't copy from the previous day. That's cheating! LOL

God Bless.