Great article on low glutathione and CFS......

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ljimbo42, Jun 22, 2014.

1. ljimbo42

ljimbo42 Active Member

This article is dated April 22, 2014, and is from the "Molecular Neurobiology Journal". The journal is a review journal for neuroscientists. It talks about the profound and far reaching effects low glutathione can have on the body, and suggesting that it has an "integral" role in ME/CFS and depression.

Here is an actual quote from the article "Glutathione depletion, concomitant increase in oxidative and nitrosative stress, and mitochondrial dysfunctions play a role in the pathophysiology of diverse neuroimmune disorders, including depression, ME/chronic fatigue syndrome and Parkinson's disease, suggesting that depleted glutathione is an integral part of these diseases."

It also suggests a few supplements at the end of the article.I just recently had a big jump in my energy level by treating methylation. The dose of methylfolate that I needed though was FAR more than is talked about in the glutathione/methylation block protocol. I slowly worked up to 6,400 mcg methylfolate (with other cofactors) and the next day my energy literally tripled at 6,400 mcg.

I believe that was my methylation block lifting and my methylation cycle coming back online. I feel a lot better, but I still have years of damage to undo from a poor functioning methylation cycle. I feel very secure in saying I am on the right track though. Here is the link to the article....Good luck to all!! http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24752591#
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2014