Great Benefits in drinking Apple Cider Vinegar

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by texasmaia, Jun 17, 2006.

1. texasmaia

texasmaia New Member

I don't post very often, but I have to tell you about the benefits I have found with Apple Cider Vinegar.....

I think I started drinking it when I decided it was time to lose some weight, and came across an article regarding the use of it for weight loss. Not sure.

I know at first I thought people must be NUTS drinking vinegar!!!! But,...Apple Cider Vinegar IS different and it actually isn't bad when you mix it with juice.

I am drinking a tablespoon of ACV in about a small cup of white grape juice before each meal....HERE IS THE BEST PART

~I am losing weight.

~I have more energy.

~My bowels are clean and like clockwork!

~The bloating I always had is gone.

~The heartburn I always had is gone.

~My skin is acne free for the first time in my life.

~My hair is very shiny and healthy looking and not falling out.

~My appetite is lessened, especially for high fat foods and sugar.

It is so true!! I really feel better than I have in a very long time. If you do a search on the internet you will find a host of things it is good for.

Really has helped me a lot and wanted to share for others to try.

2. texasmaia

texasmaia New Member

Don't know about the ulcer question, sorry.

I've been drinking it for about 2 months now. Some people drink with water and honey.

It is very hard on teeth enamel, make sure to rinse your mouth with plain water after drinking it.

I've lost about 12 pounds, so far. I have not been exercising. Keep wanting to start, but am working alot of overtime and just too tired to add to it.

3. Great! Someone just told me last wk. to drink Apple cider vinegar for indigestion. Haven't tried it yet. I have IC so I am leary of trying it.
  4. texasmaia

texasmaia New Member

Can't for the life of me think of what IC is right now?? Sorry.

I would have thought the acid in the vinegar would have made indigestion worse, but....NO. My tummy and all feel soooooo much better since I started this. The detox it does is great!

I've spent a lot of money on a Multi Cleanse supplement I was taking for about six months prior to this...and I think my .89 cent jar of ACV works much much better.

5. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

It works if you take it before meals because it boosts your stomaches own acid, which you are lacking if you are prone to digestive troubles.

Acv is NOT good to take for heartburn though. It helps prevent heartburn when taken w/ food because it aids digestion. Poor digestion, and lack of natural stomache acid (HCL), can cause heartburn, reflux and so called GERD when the stomache is labouring to digest too much food w/ not enough acid. Acidy, partially digested food will get backed up your esophagus causing heartburn and reflux pain, as your poor esophagus isn't designed to w/stand stomache acid, so of course it burns.

If you are too squeemish about trying acv, then lemon juice has similar benefits, including alkalizing, that acv does too. Acv has friendly bacteria though, and is higher in minerals, so it has some benefits lemon juice doesn't. but lemon juice is better if you are allergic to moulds and acetic acid.

6. Sorry it means Interstitial cystitis, inflammation of the bladder which is horrid when flared up.
  7. mrpain

mrpain New Member

that apple cider vinegar was good for indigestion even at night before going to bed.. Dr. Becker talks about it all the time......
  8. jake123

jake123 New Member

My son in law swears by it but I am too afraid to do it. My esophagus is too eroded to do it. I took a slurp of a slice of grapefruit last week and it stung my throat - I had no voice and tears rolled down my face!
  9. kriket

kriket New Member

My grandmother drinks ACV and honey mixed together for arthritis pain and it helps to keep her from getting so stiff aand sore. Who knows, it might help with fibro. some. Thanks for the weightloss topic about it. I think I will give it a try.

10. mrpain

mrpain New Member

If you drink it you might want to put a tablespoon of it mixed in a glass of grape-juice or orange-juice... Or something like that....

I just drank a tablespoon of organic apple cider vinegar in a cup of apple cider juice... You can hardly taste the vinegar....
    [This Message was Edited on 06/18/2006]
  11. intensemom

intensemom New Member

is very alkalinizing. You can also put a cup of it in your bath. I have been reading about having a body that is too acidic. My pain and IBS has been helped my getting rid of acid producing foods and drinks. Do a search on alkanline and acidic and you will find more info. I use ph(litmus) paper to test my urine and saliva once per day. You can get that at a health food store.

Thanks for sharing that. I have used apple cider vinegar yet...but I will now! I have been drinking 16 oz. of water with the juice of one lemon plus stevia for sweetening. Lemon is also alkalinizing!

12. texasmaia

texasmaia New Member

I know the subject has been on here before....which is how I got started on my research of the little goody! I just wanted others to know that it has made a huge difference in many things for me.

I have my sister and niece drinking it now. They suffer with acne, which is one thing that has completely cleared up for me. My skin looks better than ever! It is such a good cleansing product from the inside.

I have my niece using it as a toner after washing her face also, because it brings your PH balance back to normal after cleansing and kills bacteria and promotes healing.

Haven't tried it yet, but they say it makes an excellent foot bath. I have terrible callouses on my feet, right is worse.

I'll let ya'll know how this goes.

About dot com was a great source of information for me. Found 221 uses on one article!!

Taste????? I look forward to it now...almost wine like. I'm weird I know.

13. gracepartaker

gracepartaker New Member

After reading these posts decided to try it.

Not feeling so good today sort of fluish. I had been doing great for the past 3 weeks.

Does anyone know if maybe the ACV is detoxing me?

I want to stay with it if it will help. Just need any input from others who have used it.
  14. SBear

SBear Member

Ordinarily I fix a quart of water and top it off with a tiny bit of cranberry juice to get those morning meds down----they're strong chemicals and I want to minimize what they do to my stomach. I was really intrigued by this, so yesterday I put about 3/4 of a shot glass of cider vinegar in the mix. (No, I don't drink alcohol!) I was amazingly better for most of yesterday and got a few things done instead of lying there and thinking about all the things I want to do. Pain was down to a 1 or 2, the lowest in years, in spite of the rainy weather. I didn't have that sensation of being hungry all the time either. I don't think this is placebo effect or my imagination----I've tried things before and had high hopes that I could improve, and they flopped right away. This was ordinary grocery-store cider vinegar, but I did use the last bit of the jug, and it had visible mother of vinegar in it. Today I'm going to take a second dose of this in the afternoon------I'd do anything to get better and I think everybody on these boards would too!

Wouldn't it be amazing if we could all get better with something we can get by the gallon, dirt-cheap and no doctor required at the warehouse store or the grocery store?

Let's keep this thread bumped up!
  15. JolieLuLu

JolieLuLu New Member

Here it goes--GULP, gawd please gawd-let this help!

16. JolieLuLu

JolieLuLu New Member

17. reckabek

reckabek New Member

i use it after a big dinner, like turkey dinner....helps the big sick to your tummy feel...and u can go back for more..hehe...
  18. SBear

SBear Member

Jolie please let us know if you feel any better! I'm hoping for the best for you!

Good thoughts! Hope the cider vinegar helps!
  19. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Apple cider vinegar caused a rather strong detox reaction in me when I tried it a few years ago. I think I started out with 2 or 3 tablespoons a day, which turned out to be too much. I felt sick, fluish, etc. and probably should have just started with a teaspoon a day and worked my way up.

20. texasmaia

texasmaia New Member

I am so happy that some of you have found some benefits from the Apple Cider Vinegar also!!!

I went off of mine for about 5 days to see how I would feel. YUCK My stomach was bloated again, hungry all the time, etc. etc.

I had forgotten that I was going to try the foot bath until I read this again this morning. I'll see if I can remember to do it tonight.

I have lost 11 pounds since I started drinking it two months ago, by the way.

Blessings to all,