great breakfast HEALTHY

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by starmom, Apr 18, 2006.

1. starmom

starmom New Member

My husband and I have started to eat 1 serving of old fashioned oats with protein powder. I can't use many protein powders b/c the sweeteners, so....

The EAS AdvantEdge SOY protein vanilla (at WalMart) has no artificial sweetener, though the whey does.

I use one scoop of this protein powder and 1 serving OLD FASHIONED oatmeal. Stir together while dry in a bowl. Add the recommended amount of water, stir well and let sit for about 5 mins or so.

Even though it is the 5 min cooking oatmeal, it cooks through if you use boiling water. No messy pan either.

Husband takes this in a ziploc screwtop container and makes it at work, with water from the coffeemaker.

Easy, protein, and tastes good.

Susie
  2. sues1

sues1 New Member

But I am leery of anything with soy in it.

I used to (Before microwaves) pour hot water over shredded wheat and put a saucer on top and let sit while fixing the rest of my boys breakfast....

I would pour off the water and add sugar and milk...for a hot cereal with a good taste.....

Susan
  3. starmom

starmom New Member

You can use any protein pwder. We use this particular brand of soy because it has NO artificial sweetener. I am terribly allergic to artificial sweetener.

Susie