Great Doc in Atlanta

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KDBBEV, Sep 20, 2003.

1. KDBBEV

KDBBEV New Member

I have had several people ask me about Doctors in Atlanta.
    I know there are rare and few.
    I have a great one. He is familiar with tenderpoint injections and Guaifenesin Protocal. I have known him for 5 years. He has helped me so very much..
    His name is:
    Dr.S. Rafique
    The Snellville Clinic
    2351 Henry Clower Blvd Suite B
    Snellville, Ga 30078
    770-736-1735
    I drive an hour to get to him and he is worth it.
    Tell him Beverly sent ya!

2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

My younger daughter lives in Smyrna. I'm going up for Thanksgiving. I love the Atlanta area. It's a great city.

Love, Mikie
  3. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

Hi there I live in the Atlanta area and would like to find a good doc. Esp one familiar w/ the antibiotic treatments protocol. Also have you tried the antibiotics? How long before feeling better?
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I've been on Doxycycline for about two years now. I've been sick for 13 years and it was a mycoplasma infection which triggered my illnesses, FMS and CFIDS.

It depends on the person how long it takes. A lot can depend on how long the person has been sick, the age of the person, and whether the person is super sensitive to Herxing.

ABX are given now for a full six months before the patient tries to pulse off of them. It's six weeks on and two weeks off. I now try to pulse off for as long as my symptoms do not return.

I almost immediately had a Herx Effect and then felt better. My chronic sore throat, swollen glands, IBS, migraine-type headaches, and low-grade temperatures are gone. Now, when I go off the ABX, I have a big Herx as my own immune system goes on its own killing spree. I've been building up my immune system with colostrum and whey while on the ABX and I think that is why my immune system is getting better at recognizing the mycoplasmas and killing them.

Love, Mikie
  5. cindye

cindye New Member

My daugher goes to Dr. Curtis Pierce at MultiHealthcarePlus in Lilburn, GA phone 770)921-7587. He uses the guai protocol and is very imformed about fibro.
  6. KDBBEV

KDBBEV New Member

I am not sure if he is familiar with the antibiotic treatments protocol, you could probably call and ask.

That is cool another doc in Lilburn.. we need to get the word out to many people are suffering..

Bev