Great Fibromyalgia Video

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dlove007, Nov 14, 2006.

1. dlove007

dlove007 New Member

I found this site called realhealth.tv which has a great video about fibro. As much as I love coming to this board to read everyone's posts (which is a really great support for me) it was really nice hearing and watching someone talk about their difficulties and how they cope. I wanted to share this with everyone here, hoping it would help you guys too. Here's the link http://www.realhealth.tv/site.html?goto=9&vid=39&vo=4

Keep strong everyone!

2. butterfly83

butterfly83 New Member

That was a nice video. I wish they had profiled more people though, or just shown that its not only older people who get this. Our ages are very widely varied, and it effects each persons life differently.
  3. Daisys

Daisys Member

I could access the site only by googling realhealth.tv and wonder how to find the video on FM. I looked under conditions and it isn't listed. Any suggestions? I'd love to view it.

I have been unable to access any sites listed fully here on this board and so go to the main page and search from there.

Thanks in advance for any help.
  4. dlove007

dlove007 New Member

daisys

If you go to Conditions and Procedures, it's under Bones, Joints and Muscles. You have to scroll down in the View Related Videos box
  5. Daisys

Daisys Member

I enjoyed watching it.

butterfly83, it looks like it's a site where people can volunteer their story. Hopefully, others will do their own experiences, too, for variety.
  6. dlove007

dlove007 New Member

daisys I was thinking the same thing about people here sharing their experiences. It seems like it would be a really great way to help others, but it would probably be cathartic as well.

butterfly83 you should definitly look into it. It would be a great way to show that young people suffer from fibro and CFS too.
  7. butterfly83

butterfly83 New Member

Daisys, yes I noticed that now, that its just usually one person relating their own experiences. Maybe i'll suggest to them that they try to find a young person with the illness also.

I don't mean to be rude or insult anyone, but it IS kind of awkward for teens and FMS-ers in their 20's to be lumped in with a disease that people at least twice our age have. I can't tell you how many times people have said to me 'Oh I thought fibromyalgia only happened to much older people?'. When I go to my doctors appointments there is never a patient under 40 in the office. It presents a whole new set of challenges to be a the supposed 'energetic' portion of your life, and be stricken with this illness.
  8. Daisys

Daisys Member

I was 26 when I first got this. I tried to hide it. People just assumed when they didn't see me that I'd been busy. They never knew about all the days I stayed in bed all day long.

This was before even the Incline Village outbreak so nobody knew anything about it. The last few years, so many people have it, just about everyone has at least heard of it, and if they know someone with it, they believe it's a true illness.

Now that I'm middle-aged, people assume I have limited energy and aches and pains, so I get some consideration because of my 'great agedness' (54!). My husband is 5 years older than me, and has no aches and as much energy as he wants, so I know how healthy 54 looks.
  9. bluewing

bluewing New Member

I'm one of the older ones, way older. And I'm another one that hid it...you wouldn't believe if I told you how long. After all, what else could you do, you couldn't explain it so anyone could (or would) understand.

And 007, I never could get that video, doggone it!