Great Fibromyalgia Website.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gapsych, Jan 7, 2010.

1. gapsych

gapsych New Member

I have found a great website for fibromyalgia. I was blown out of the water as I found this site on Quackwatch.

Deborah Barrette, the daughter of Stephen Barrette who founded quackwatch, has fibromyalgia and has a great understanding when it comes to the pain, difficulty exercising, people not understanding, etc.

She was suppose to be writing a book several years ago through voice activated computer. That's how debilitated she is/was..Even though some of her posts are several years old, I was very impressed by her insights that apply today. She also lists resouces that are updated.

One of the most important things she says is that FM is NOT PSYCHIATRIC and tells a heartfelt story about a friend who finally realizes what she is going through and how difficult exercise can be for people with FM. She also writes how it is easier said than done to always have a positive attitude and realizing this can aleviate stress we may be feeling.

I know people are sometimes put off by Stephen Barrette, but this site is very useful. I am presently looking for other works she has done.

Her site is
  2. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

I have been over there reading. Thanks for the tip. I like the idea of living on an island with all fibromites! Well, sort of :)
  3. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

looks like an interesting site....thank you for posting
  4. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

I have the site bookmark to look over later:)

5. FibroFay

FibroFay New Member

I'll definitely check this out.

Fay :)