Great idea how to vent at home.....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by halo52208, Apr 5, 2006.

1. halo52208

halo52208 New Member

I just thought of something when I was reading Tanya's vent.

We need something that symbolizes are illnesses. Like a dummy or a dart board with a picture drawn. Whatever is easier for you to do. If you need to, have someone else do the project for you.

Now depending on what strength you have; You can hit and kick and yell at the dummy. With the picture you have two options. You can put it on the dart board to shoot the darts at it. Or if you are too weak to do either of those. Just yell at the picture and tell it how you feel about it invading your body. Tell that picture it no longer has you, but you have it and you are not going to tolerate it anymore. Positive affirmations like that are good for the soul. You could even put the picture on a pillow next to you and flick it in the nose.

Be creative and figure out what symbol would be easier for you to take your anger out on.

One time I when I was really upset and needed to take out my anger on something. I took some raw eggs and through them at our tree. You would be surprised how well I felt after doing that. Heck, you could even say that the tree is you illness. The egg shells are great calcium for the birds. So don't worry about the clean up.

If your in a bubble bath, hit the bubbles to release your frustrations. But make sure you have a towel down or the curtaing pulled so you don't leave a mess on the floor.

Feel free to add more ideas. Lord knows we need ways to get rid of our frustrations.

Love ya all,
    Halo
    [This Message was Edited on 04/05/2006]
  2. Tmprincess

Tmprincess New Member

I purposely buy old plates from the thrift store, or yard sales and keep on hand for this exact purpose!!!! Some times i write things on them... like fears, disappointments, and lost dreams. Then i take them out back on the patio and release my frustration in the plate!

I usually let my broken plates sit for an hour or so until i've calmed down before returning to clean up... It works for me!!... but, i don't have pets or small children around either!! So, Plate-Breakers beware!!! LOL*

TM~
  3. spmary

spmary New Member

Great idea.. One time I bought some realy ugly and cheap dishes and took them behind an old barn and smashed them against the building. A few at at a time. Took several days but realy made me feel better. Good way to get rid of ugly and unwanted presents and bridge prizes. I like your idea of a dart board.. Thanks, Mary
  4. sues1

sues1 New Member

REALLY...........I used to work somewhere where there was a room......that no one could hear you from. Besides most of the time I was the only one there.

When I felt angry or frustrated I would eneter this room and scream.......you can just feel the tension coming off of you......like rain or a shower going right down your body. It is so relaxing!

I would love to do that on a regular basis now.....but I can not think of anywhere to do it. A scream or loud yelling can really carry and someone surely would call the law enforcement...thinking someone was in danger! LOL. Peace and Love.......Susan

I renetly saw where a man buys old dishes and things and has a brick wall that is painted. On is painted "BOSS" and
    BOYFRIEND and GIRLFRIEND and all types of things that a person could be mad at. It costs 30 cents to throw a dish at anything that upsets you....and it also said you can throw a old TV for...I think it was $15.00....

He is doing a great business they say![This Message was Edited on 04/05/2006]
  5. halo52208

halo52208 New Member

I really like the plate thing, I just might have to go find some old ones. I like how you said to problems on them, that way you can really pin point a problem.

Have a blessed day,
    Halo
  6. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

When I was going through an "angry stage" in dealing with FMS, my doctor suggested I throw pillows or socks around. Sounds silly, but it does help to release our feelings.

Ellen
  7. kjfms

kjfms Member

...what a great idea. I have just one question though.

Can I take my gun and just shoot the da#% thing full of holes...pleeease ;)...can I pretty pleeeease?

Thanks,

Karen
    [This Message was Edited on 04/06/2006]
  8. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

I have knives, sharp shiny knives!

Ok, I only use them to carve with, but there are days, lots of days, when I think of using them for other things! I have a set of drapes I could shred, hum, that's a good idea!

I go to my carving/craft room and destroy some wood, I mean carve something. Some times all I can make are wood chips, but that works too.

Greenbean
  9. kat-E

kat-E New Member

I just loved those things... wish they still made them...

They had sand in the bottom to keep them stable. I had one with a clown on it... Great to take out your frustrations on.
  10. sop28

sop28 New Member

I use to go bowling and picture the pins as actual people, objects, etc...Bowled a 186 that way. I last time that I went I couldn't move from my recliner chair for 3 days with pain and exhaustion. I would scream but I sing and that's not very good for the vocal cords. I think I need something to physically do do get rid of the anger and frustration.. Anbody else have any more ideas, before I resort to violence:) Just joking!

Thanks,
    T
  11. Tmprincess

Tmprincess New Member

I have some utility glasses i wear when breaking my plates!!! Thats important people!!!! LOL* Protect your eyes... they're they only pair you got!

A good place to scream is in the car! I used to do that A WHOLE LOT when i was still working!... occasionally, i still do! But, muzzling your screams with a pillow at home is a good idea if you have others in the home!

TM~
  12. halo52208

halo52208 New Member

Ellen- great idea about the socks and pillows, they won't hurt anyone.

Karen- I still can't stop laughing, you sound like me. Whenever anything makes me angry and doesn't work, I want to shoot it. That would be hard though as I don't own a gun. It's okay to shoot them as long as it's in a safe legal place. When you do you can shoot one for me. lol I know, I can get a dart gun (rubber darts) to shoot, that won't take to much energy.

Greenbean-just make sure the knifes are cleaned after your done. Gee, maybe I should give you my living room curtains. I hate them, but haven't replaced them yet.lol

kat-e I use to have one of those, I can see the picture in my mind with me hitting it out in the front yard where I grew up. I wonder if they make them anymore, I haven't seen one since I was a kid. I would probably pop it from hitting it so hard, then I would be sore from the hitting. Although it would be fun.

sop28- buy a dart gun with the rubber darts. They would be in the toy section. Make a target and shoot away. It will be even better if you have someone retrieve them for you. My cats love them, It's boot's favorite toy. Now my other cat rowdy loves those plastic spiders. He flys through the air when you throw them. He thinks he's a dog.lol

TM- great idea, make sure your wearing saftey gear if throwing breakable stuff.

Halo

13. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

When I was in high school I was exhausted all the time. Everyone gave so much homework, and with how sick I was, I couldn't get it all done.

So I wrote all my teachers' names on a sheet of paper, burned it, and flushed the ashes down the toilet. Then I took my school lapel pin, spat on it, and chucked it full force into the woods.
  14. halo52208

halo52208 New Member

In our town we can burn, so I just might have to write everything down on paper and put them into the fire. That way it doesn't take so much energy.

Thanks Shannon

Halo
  15. Mar19

Mar19 New Member

Haven't thought of this in a loooooong time! Thanks for bringing it up.

I used to take a drive on a deserted stretch of road and scream as loud as I could. Very cathartic!! It was usually on the way home from work. All I ever bothered were some squirrels and deer, I guess, but it did me a world of good!

Of course, there was always the hoarseness to explain away... "Gosh. It must be allergies or something."

mar