Great News (and Info) About Helping My Liver!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BxGirl, Aug 10, 2005.

1. BxGirl

BxGirl New Member

I went into the health food store where my son works today and spoke with the owner. I was asking her about Milk Thistle and my liver.

She suggested I also begin taking Phosphatidyl Choline. It is supposed to also support your liver.

I told her that I get nauseous in the morning a lot (no, I'm not pregnant)! She said that that is caused by having a fatty liver. I didn't know that!!!!

She also suggested I take coconut oil every day. It's supposed to help with energy and your metabolism.

I am feeling much better since I began taking Milk Thistle a few weeks ago. I have more energy - a "dancing liver" as Ralph says!

She told me that once I begin taking the Coconut Oil I should start losing weight. I hope so!

Just wanted to share this with you!

Love,
    BxGirl
  2. tandy

tandy New Member

I think Milk Thistle is a really good supplement for alot of us to be taking~ Especially many of us taking alot of meds. It keeps the liver functioning and detoxifys.
    I've been taking it.
    The choline i've been seeing and reading about more and more as to the benefits. I'll research into that one a lil more.
    I'm glad your feeling a little better~
    Even a tiny bit is a step in the right direction!
    Hope it continues :)
    [This Message was Edited on 08/11/2005]
  3. neen85

neen85 New Member

Thank you for the info! I will put it to use. FOr weight loss you might also want to read my post on high acidity and the actual results of my "live blood cell analysis" on "CFS shocker #8"

They explained that part of my weight problem was high acidity and the fat cells were used as storage units for the acid,so it was put away as not to harm the body. Guess you would never get rid of the fat till you rid yourself of the high acid.
    Something to consider anyway! Daneen
  4. Sbilek

Sbilek New Member

Tx, boxgirl, for the info, and maybe it will help someone else on this board. Glad you've found a good combination for you.

If you ever get those books Ralph suggests by Dr. Tipps, you'll understand why a good functioning liver is such a key to our good health.

Sbilek
  5. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I'm going to look into it. I take Milk Thistle but losing weight with coconut oil sounds good, if they sell it in UK.

love
    Rosie
  6. kim840

kim840 New Member

I've not been able to make it to Israel and I love the pic you have in your profile. I saved it as my background on my computer.

Thanks so much!

Always hopeful,
    Marcia