Great News For a Change....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by suz45, Oct 28, 2006.

1. suz45

suz45 New Member

Sometimes you just need to post the good stuff that happens in life, Lifts our spirits. My husband has been working on his Masters in Biomedical engineering part ti,e since yes 1999....Well this week he drove back to the University in PA where he had been attending school until our relocation to upsate NY to take turn in his final thesis and take his final exams for his program.

He called last night and aced....all of it, this has been such a challenge to all of us, as he had to do the last year long distance and the program was not set up as a distance program.

He is driving home right now as I post this news...His new position required that he finish by December.

I could dance and jump for joy....But that would definately be painful.... The weather here is puring cold rain and winds gusting... Pain or no pain I am thrilled for him. This has been a tremendous challenge.

We will be going back down December 15th for his graduation ceremony, he missed his last one as my brother ws getting married. He's not missing this one. At age 47 he deserves it all....

Just needed to gloat abit for a change...

Happy here,

Suz45
    [This Message was Edited on 10/28/2006]
  2. suz45

suz45 New Member

Bumping

Suz45
  3. carebelle

carebelle New Member

Congrats to you and your husband! My husband is 53 and completing his Doctorate this year. Its been a long time coming so I know what you've gone threw. What school in PA did he go to ? my husband completed part of his schooling at St. Francis in PA.

Good luck to both of you.
  4. suz45

suz45 New Member

Hi Carabelle:

He just finished upa t Millersville University in Lancaster PA. We lived in York PA until June 1st, actually my husband came up here to Rochester to work for Bausch and Lomb in January of 2006. It has been one heck of a year for all of us. So gald for him Proud as a peacock.

Suz45
  5. suz45

suz45 New Member

bumping
  6. Callum

Callum New Member

His success is a reflection on you as well. It's much easier to reach for the stars when you have loved ones boosting you up.

Congrats to your whole family!

Callum
  7. suz45

suz45 New Member

Thanks for the kind supporting words, he has reached for the stars. He got home just a short time ago.. Needless to say the adrenaline rush is over.. But he is happy.

Suz45
  8. suz45

suz45 New Member

Thanks for the nice post, Hopefully with one thing off of our/his plate things will settle down. I know he will have more time for the girls and me. Stress will be definately decreased at work for him as this was part of the contract agreement when he was hired.

I'm going back to school.. However I'm not working outside the home and I work at my own pace...

Thanks again,

Suz45