Great news!! I FEEL LIKE CRAP!!! Herxing??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kar1953, May 17, 2003.

1. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

I think I'm herxng!!!! Yea! I ache all over. Arms hurt so bad can hardly type this. Just wanted to let you all know that I think the hi dose calcuim & the other liquid nutrients I've been taking are starting to rid my body of the toxins. Hopefully, it won't last long. Literature said 2-4 days or longer if you're diseased. My first doses were on Wed. the 7th. This is supposed to be the beginnig of reversal of fms symptoms. I'm so excited!! I've never been excited over feeling so bad :)

I had to run to town this morn. for a couple of things & couldn't wait till I got back. My arms hurt so bad I could hardly turn the steering wheel.

So now I'm going to go lay down with my heating pad & see what happens.

Mikie, when you herx, should you take anything for the pain?
    Or should you just wait it out? I didn't read anything about that in literature & don't want to mess up. I'll check back later & see if I have any answers.

Take care........Kathi
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Taking something for the pain while Herxing would not interfere with the drug except that an anti-inflammatory might disrupt it. Part of the Herxing is believed to be an inflammatory response by the body to the critters. Now, this is just one theory out there, but if it is true, it would make sense to try to take something which is not an anti-inflammatory. According to this theory, the drug gets the pathogen all riled up and they become more active in the body. The body is then able to recognize them and it launches the inflammatory attack, killing the pathogens and making you feel like crap. This is what causes the Herx.

The old theory is that the dead critters in the body are toxic and that until they are excreted, they poison you. That is why it is important to drink lots of water.

I tend to believe that both the above are true and procede accordingly.

I'm happy for you that this seems to be working and I hope the Herx isn't too bad.

Love, Mikie
  3. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

I felt pretty much like crap all day yesterday. Last night went to bed early & slept well without sleeping pill. I did take pain meds yesterday afternoon - I hurt over every inch of my body. Was going to try Shirl's recipe of peroxide & epsom but was too tired. Maybe this evening.

Just watched a program on TV about Coral calcuim & they were saying how calcuim helps you sleep.

They also said that there was an article in the AMA Journel of Med. that high calcuim cures cancer. This is good news. I really am hopeful that my fms symptoms will be reversed.

I thank you again for your response. It sure is nice to have someone who knows about this stuff to ask.

Hope you are feeling better.

Take care.......Kathi