Great news, I WON, I WON, I WON SSD and Happy Birthday to me!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Greeneyes2, Mar 7, 2006.

1. Greeneyes2

Greeneyes2 New Member

Hi everybody,

I won my SSD on the first try!!! I am still in shock!!!
    This is going to lower my and my husband's stress levels sooooo much, it will be like going on a month long vacation.

And it is my birthday too!!! So different than last year. Last year on my birthday, my STD from work decided that I could work and I have not had any income since.

I have the back pay but not the letter yet. So I called the SS office and they read the details to me. I am having a hard time believing that this is real.

I want to thank all the people who posted info about how to fill out the paperwork on this site and especially Bluerose.
    Without some of the information you posted I don't think I would have gotten approved.

Thanks,
    Gentle hugs,
    Denise
  2. Alyndra

Alyndra New Member

Congrats & Happy Birthday!

Now you can celebrate with a clear mind.

Enjoy!

~Amanda
  3. pemaw54

pemaw54 New Member

Im so happy,happy, happy for you and a great big happy birthday to you. What a present to get!!!! This gives me hope and many other hope that we will get a chance to post a similar one too one day.

God is good and you are proof of that. Congratulations!!! Can you see my smile?

Suzette
    [This Message was Edited on 03/08/2006]
  4. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

I am so so HAPPY for you!!

Thank the lord!!

As I always say it dosen't take the pain away, but sure helps with the stress...

Take Care of yourself Hun and do something nice for yourself you deserve it!!

Again Big Congrats!!

((((((Big Gentle Hugs))))))
    ~Bluerose~

P.S. Happy Birthday!!!!

[This Message was Edited on 03/08/2006]
  5. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

Congrats to you, you so deserve this. I am very happy for you...it gives us all hope of getting that decission soon.
    Ann
  6. Greeneyes2

Greeneyes2 New Member

I have to go to an appointment so I won't be on until later this afternoon.

I think I will get myself something new, it has been a long time!

I am still shaking!!!

Thanks everyone and I will chek in later.

Gentle hugs,
    Denise
  7. suzetal

suzetal New Member

Happy for you.I also got mine in September but after a 2 yr fight.

It felt good.

Good for you.I hope others don't give up.

Sue
  8. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

Enjoy your birthday and congratulations!

I hope I'm as lucky as you!
  9. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

I am so happy for you!! That is great and the stress relief will be helpful!!
  10. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i won on my first try this last time...i had a closed case won..but i guess since i had shoulder surgery and my divorce was final in 2004 the judge thought i should be better...so i had to reapply all new case..but i won on the first try...

go celebrate....

and curious as to how old you are? because a lot of times people wonder how old people were when they got approved...i was 37 the first time and 40 the next time....

yippee

jodie
  11. ljm527

ljm527 New Member

Yippee; you won and happy birthday!!!

Can I ask you how long it took from the time you applied? Any questions/communication in between?
  12. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I love to hear about successful disability claims. Each one adds credibility for our illnesses and the disability they cause.

Love, Mikie
  13. Greeneyes2

Greeneyes2 New Member

OK Here goes.

First, I am 54 years young today. I applied in August. I had to go see one of their Docs on December 21st.

Didn't hear anything else, until I called last week to see if they had everything they needed and was told that it had been sent on the beginning of Feb. but had been pulled for a quality audit. The guy I was talking to said that although it could be changed by the auditor, the fact that he had not gotten it back was a good thing and when he had sent it on it had been very favorable.

When I filled out my paperwork I started at the top of my head and went to my toes. When I was done I had over 30 dxs. Some of them were not disabling by themselves, but I figured that they needed to see as complete a picture of what I was living with as possible.

This and the fact that I had several doctors that said I couldn't work, including one at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN., where probably what did the trick.

If you really want some help with this, look up Blueroses posts on Disability. I took alot of what I did right from her posts.

Yaaaaa for Bluerose!!!!

As far as what I was approved for I haven't gotten the letter yet, so I don't know. If I find out I will post the info. I also don't know when I will be reviewed. But right now I am just trying to enjoy this and get over the shock.

Thanks again everyone, I hope I answered all the questions.

Gentle Hugs,
    Denise
  14. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

and congratulations.It takes a whole lot of your head when you finally get it.I'm 53 and just g
  15. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

and congratulations.

It takes a whole lot of your head when you finally get it.I'm 53 and just got mine this summer.I had a diagnosis of straight fibro(plus a few bad discs.

I also had several doctors diagnose me,My internist suspected I had it and sent me to a neurologist who diagnosed me.I then was sent to a rheumatologist who also confirmed it.Oddly enough.the first person who suspected was an orthopedic surgeon.I came to California where another doctor confirmed it and also another rheumatologist.

As far as detailing it, I took a pad and detailed everything i tried to do every hour for a day.

Sorry.I didn't mean this to be so long.I've never told all of this to everybody-------

I truly am thrilled that you got your disability and have already sent a quick prayer of thanks to above!!!!!.Linda
  16. chopindog

chopindog New Member

And happy birthday!!!! I am so happy for you!!
    Love,Joy
  17. Greeneyes2

Greeneyes2 New Member

I just want to say thank you again to everyone who replied to my post.

I don't post very often but I read every day.

I have learned so very much about my dxs on this board and I also want to thank everyone for that.

The support everyone gives so willingly on this board is priceless.

Thank you.

Gentle hugs,
    Denise
  18. petsrme

petsrme Member

Congratulations and happy birthday!!
  19. katsarecool

katsarecool New Member

It is surprising but more people get it on the first try than is commonly thought. And the more you have wrong with you the chances increase. And the older you are (over 50 it goes up, over 55 goes up greatly)has an affect on approval.

I also got SSDI the first time on Dec. 3 2005. First time and no lawyer. Fibro wasn't even a diagnosis when I applied last July.

What was on the form:
    Degenerative disc disease
    Peripheral neuropathy both legs
    Bulging discs (4) in the lumbar sacral area
    Myofacial Pain Syndrome
    Arthritus in all the major joints
    Major depressive disorder

Anyway congratulations for a job well done. And yes, go buy yourself something special. You deserve it. I know I bought a few nice things to wear and toilet paper. LOL

Kats