Great news--- I'm crazy.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jackie41, Mar 16, 2003.

1. Jackie41

Jackie41 Member

Just finished a million dollar workup at one of the brand name medical centers. Muscle biopsy, mri's, bloodwork, you name it. The problem: I've been using crutches to walk for about 6 mo. due to leg weakness. The great news: I'm fine! I don't need the crutches. Can somebody tell this to my legs? They haven't got the message yet. The wonders of modern medicine!
  2. Tattoopixie

Tattoopixie New Member

Gotta love those tests, eh? I hope you can find someone to help you, as you sound like your Dr is one of those who thinks it's all in your head.... Been there, done that, fired that Dr...
    Pixie
  3. ozgran

ozgran New Member

We are all mad DUH. How many times have you been told it's all in your head. You're just depressed. Nothing else at all wrong with you. Just get up in the morning and go walking. Get those endorphins going. Loose weight and you will be fine. Oh HOW I WISH. I hate being as fat as I am and now that I am retired have so much more time to go walking. Managed the walking for many years before this DD hit so badly and would love to be still doing so. But like you say. Tell my legs. Never mind, we and all of those here know we are not mad. ((((((((Hugs)))))))))) Ozgran.
  4. teller7

teller7 New Member

I've had all those tests, too, and they all came back OK. So far my doctor is great. The thing that really trips my trigger though is when you tell someone what you have they look at you and say "Oh you have that yuppy disease". If I wasn't so weak, I'd slap them. They should have this for just one day for punishment. I bet they'd change their tune.
    Carol
  5. pearls

pearls New Member

...before my diagnosis with chronic fatigue syndrome, and later with fibromyalgia, as well, I returned from a visit to a cardiologist to my primary care doctor. The cardiologist said I have obsessive/compulsive disorder. My doctor, bless his heart, replied, "If a doctor doesn't know what it is, he usually thinks you either have a virus or you're crazy."

Nice to know I'm not the only one.

Soft hugs,
    -Pearl
    [This Message was Edited on 03/16/2003]
  6. clueless

clueless New Member

One doctor told me that if they can`t find it in an x-ray, MRI, cat scan or blood work it does NOT exist.Sure is a lot of people in pain that has a non-existing disease. Makes you want to commit mayhem with the so called doctors.They want everything to come easy and if possible in the 15 min. they have allowed for your apointment.
  7. clueless

clueless New Member

One doctor told me that if they can`t find it in an x-ray, MRI, cat scan or blood work it does NOT exist.Sure is a lot of people in pain that has a non-existing disease. Makes you want to commit mayhem with the so called doctors.They want everything to come easy and if possible in the 15 min. they have allowed for your appointment.
  8. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Glad to know that I am not the only 'nut' around here! I have been told that many times by those wonderful medical professionals!

Since I have a two edged tongue with doctors, I used to tell them that they were nuts, not me! Finally gave up on them before one had me committed to a luney bin put in jail, or sued for slander!

Everytime I went to the doctor, my husband would insist on going with me, I always asked him, if he was going to protect the doctor or me? Never got an answer from him, all he would say was;'Can't you keep your mouth shut'??

One told me I didn't need a medical doctor, I needed a psychologist, I won't tell you what I told that one! It got pretty bad! I threw his prescription in his trash can that he wrote out for Prozac and walked out.

NOw I go to one that I simply say that I have anxiety, get my Xanax and don't bother to tell him anything about the Fibro! We get along find!

He is always telling me how wonderful I look for my age! I tell him, yea, I feel good too!!

I take my supplements, herbs, read my health books, get loads of information from this board, and I am doing well without the stress of the medical profession!

Shalom, Shirl

9. Jackie41

Jackie41 Member

I have no doubt this disease is real, but very few people use crutches to walk so I guess I must be a freak of nature. I almost wish they would have found something. Thanks for the replies and the vote in favor of my sanity.
    LOL

Jackie
  10. bejo

bejo New Member

I've been told that.One DR. I had said to me "you do know that they don't know what causes fibro,don't you? She then asked me if I'd ever considered going for therapy? That's when I found another Dr.That one wasn't much better,so I found another one.I finally found one who not only believes but is willing to work with me.I think it's pretty bad though when you have to shop for a Dr. like shopping for a car. bejo