Great News!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by clementyne, Apr 6, 2012.

1. clementyne

clementyne New Member

Well, I had my follow up Dr. appt. yesterday to see if my HR & BP were down enough so that he would not take me off of Savella. I was sure he would let me stay on it as I have been checking every couple days & my vitals are down from 146/110 BP & 135 HR to 110/77 & 80. He was very pleased & I don't have to go back for 3 months!

I feel like I have been handed my life back! I do still get tired but I have a lot more energy than I used to! This morning I went shopping with my sister for several hours & then came home & worked out in the yard for several more hours.

I am praying that everyone here will soon find their own relief!

2. deepak

deepak Member

Wow that is great news !! What were you taking for those figures to come down so much ? :)

3. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

nice to hear good news
  4. clementyne

clementyne New Member

I was on Metoporvol (SP) & I was taken off that & put on Carvedilol for BP & I was taking Flexeril - for years! - to ease my muscles.

My high heart rate has been a problem for a very long time but since Flexeril is a muscle relaxer it never entered my mind that it could be the culprit! At my previous visit my Dr. said "Oh! Flexeril causes increased HR." so he took me off that and now my HR is normal.

Thanks for sharing my joy!

5. clementyne

clementyne New Member

6. clementyne

clementyne New Member

I know! When I think of how many years I was taking the Flexeril with my HR so high kind of makes me angry with my Dr. - I know he is busy but jeez! Didn't he take the oath? Lol!

Well, it turned out okay & I am grateful for that!

Have a blessed day!
  7. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

That is great news - I'm really happy for you! I think we all have to learn the hard way that most doctors don't even look at meds for side effects, and when patients ask about side effects, most doctors dismiss them. My mother had serious side effects from three different meds and if I hadn't read the very fine print in the drug handout sheets, they probably would have just given her more meds to conteract the effects, and so on ad inifinitum. As it was, when I told them about the fine print in the drug handout sheet, they stopped the meds, and voila! her symptoms stopped. We have to read everything and do our own research - we cannot depend on our doctors.

Having said all that, I'm really surprised too that flexeril would raise your HR - I don't think it would have occurred to me either. Your doctor was definitely asleep at the switch!

Anyways - it is really great you have such good news!

[This Message was Edited on 04/07/2012]
  8. deepak

deepak Member

Yes, I agree with Mary.

But it is such a difficult thing sometimes.

Sometimes reading too much and knowing too much drives me crazy and then I think just lets leave it to the doctors.

Then at other times I think Oh the doctor is finally just a human being too so I should also be aware and alert.

Have to strike a balance somewhere I guess but with our kind of illnesses where doctors dismiss it - I guess we exceedingly have to be our own advocates.