Great way to quit drinking COFFEE!........LOL!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 2BPainfree, Jan 18, 2003.

1. 2BPainfree

2BPainfree New Member

Was cleaning up yesterday in the kitchen, and a bit in the cupboards (a rare occurance,LOL...) Found this, tossed that,
    came across a zip lock baggie with a cup of sugar in it, probably loaned out & returned by a neighbor.

I poured the sugar into the sugar bowl...felt proud to "save" money by not throwing it out.

Made my coffee the next morning and almost "PUKED" on the spot!! Spit what was left into the sink and thought for an instant.. "what the heck is wrong with me now??"

I soon realized....that "sugar" was actually "SALT" left over from one of my son's school projects...LOL!!!!! Haven't laughed out loud to my self like that in a l-o-n-g time. Everytime I think about it I crack up!

THIS, my friends, is "THE" answer to quitting coffee!! I promise you will "Quickly" develop an aversion to coffee if you try this method...tastes just like coffee flavored
    FLEETS PHOSPHA SODA!..........ick!!! (We all know how yummy THAT stuff is.....LOL!!!)

Funny part is when I poured it into the sugar bowl I thought to myself ...Hmmmm...it looks a little different....kinda swollen**laugh** Must be another brand....DUHHHHH!

Moral to the story ALWAYS taste test the sugar left over in your Zip-Lock -Baggies from your neighbors (or your 11 yr old son's school project!)

**Burp** (excuse me!)
    Susan B.

2. popgun

popgun New Member

My wife did that with a cheery pie one Easter, got the sugar and the salt mixed up looked great,and when the guest spit it out she though they were being funny. Good ole BRINE cherry pie.
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

How a little Salt goes a long way. If you put about a quarter teaspoon of salt in your coffee grinds, it will take the bitter taste out of the coffee, but if you put too much it will all but make a bomb.

Also, here is what the old coffee houses in New Orleans do to make that awesome coffee in the French Quarter;
    I pinch of salt and one pinch of cocoa in the fresh ground coffee beans, and you have a cup of coffee to die for!

Shalom, Shirl
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

If you are serious (which I have a problem deciding with you sometimes!), mix decaffeinated with regular. Then keep putting more decaffeiated and less regular. You will wean yourself off the caffeine easy this way without the headaches!

I am off the 'three to four' pots a day, now I can drink one cup in the morning without any problem.

Shalom, Shirl
  5. vloga

vloga New Member

Had my first cup of coffee today for ages. Tasted wonderful, but made me so shaky. I think I could just about make the coffee with salt and it probably would cure me, but with my luck I'd probably confuse the salt with sugar :)

Shirl, one has to be very careful with de-caff coffee, because there are 2 ways of decaffeinating it. One way is to filter the caffeine out with petroleum derivatives. When I found out they did this, I went back to having ordinary coffee.

It may be simpler just to brew up one pot in the morning, and make sure you dilute it with sufficient water that it's going to get weaker throughout the day.

You just gotta watch it with caffeine - I ended up in the ER once with suspected heart attack; turned out to be excess caffeine (flu + coffee (lots)+ flu remedy (with lots of caffeine, and they ALL have it, well, almost all) = hell

Just thought I'd cheer you all up, and me in the process !

Vloga
  6. 2BPainfree

2BPainfree New Member

I STILL think 1 heaping tsp of salt would do the trick!
    Give it a try....LOL!! One sip and your DONE!!

Susan B.
  7. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

You must be MORE careful! Always sniff it first, and then maybe taste just a teeny weeny dab!! My #1 daughter picked up what she thought was her glass of water, took a BIG swig, and it turned out to be paint thinner. Needless to say, she was in ER within minutes! Scary! I've never forgotten the look on her face an instant after she did this. It was horrifying. Never, EVER trust that anything in a glass or other container is safe!

Marilyn
  8. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

Don't forget the eggshells!

Marilyn :)
  9. 2BPainfree

2BPainfree New Member

Wow...that WOULD be horrifying!!
    I hope they able to treat your daughter without complications?!

I remember a little one (2yrs old)in pediatric ICU (years ago when I was in nursing School)who accidentaly drank "lye"
    soooo scary. Poor baby endured so much as a result, was lucky she lived...

Yes, your right, always smell or taste test unknowns!!

On the lighter-side: I just remembered when I was little and took a sip of the water I was painting with...my cup was sitting next to the paint water....sheesh...guess I never quite grew out of tasting strange things!! **laugh**

Susan B.
  10. LisaMay

LisaMay New Member

I did the same thing at my mother-in-laws house. I thought I was doing every one a favor by fixing their coffee "just the way they liked it". Boy, was I embarrassed.....

Lisa