GREEN BEAN.......Question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sues1, Mar 23, 2006.

1. sues1

sues1 New Member

Your mini seizures...what were/are they like? How long do they last? Any blank periods of time in your life? I am interested in learning more here.

I had read your response to Bunny Fluff and that is what I am writting about...

Thanks........Susan
  2. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Glad to share, hope I can be of help.

I have had absence seizures as long as I can remember. I will be talking to someone, stop and stare off into nothing for a few minutes, then take up the conversation like I haven't even been "gone". Didn't bother me, but it was a little disconcerting for who ever I was talking to!

I didn't know they were seizures, just thought they were little vacations for my mind!

The seizures that scared me would start with a weird feeling in my head, kind of a blackness closing in on my vision from the outside towards the inside, almost in a circle, then I wouldn't be able to breath or swallow for just about 10 to 15 seconds. I would usually reach for my throat, thought it was my heart.

The Lamictal has almost totally taken away the absence seizures unless I am really stressed (my poor little brain gets no more mini vacations!). The other seizures are much better and I usually only register that I am having one and it is gone. I don't have the blackness anymore but will see stars for a few seconds after.

Sometimes anymore the only thing that makes me even realize I've had one is my dog laying his head in my lap and gazing up at me. If I am standing up and he is with me, he will put his foot on my foot or lean into me when I have one. I always put my hand on his head now instead of reaching for my pulse! He's much more reassuring!

Hope that was helpful, let me know if I can give you any other info!

Hugzz
    Greenbean

Stop and smell the puppies!
  3. sues1

sues1 New Member

Someone I know appears like this and I have mentioned this to before. So this helps.

I am so touched about your dog. How wonderful!

Thanks for your quick informative reply.........Susan