Green black tea (LTheanine) for immune system

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AllWXRider, Dec 19, 2006.

1. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

"In the study, Bukowski and his co-authors isolated from ordinary black tea a substance called L-theanine."

"Bukowski said L-theanine is broken down in the liver to ethylamine, a molecule that primes the response of an immune system element called the gamma-delta T cell."

"We know from other studies that these gamma-delta T cells in the blood are the first line of defense against many types of bacteria, viral, fungal and parasitic infections," he said. "They even have some anti-tumor activity."

The T cells prompt the secretion of interferon, a key part of the body's chemical defense against infection, Bukowski said.

"We know from mouse studies that if you boost this part of the immune system it can protect against infection," he said.
    http://www.chronicfatiguesupport.com/library/showarticle.cfm/ID/4536/
    This is actually an article from Prohealth.com but due to brain fog, I forget to look at it often.

A customer from Bangladesh taught me a trick to mellow out Green teas tannic acid. It's the tannic acid that tears up our sensitive stomachs.
    Have a cup of hot water ready. Dip the tea bag in for ~5 seconds. (Tannic acid is very water soluable).
    Brew as usual.

2. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

L-Theanine can be purchased in capsule form and is usually promoted as promoting a more calm state of being, of course. It's nice to know that it's helping to shore up my faulty immune system as well.
  3. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I have white tea its suppose to be very good for detox but truthfully I do not notice any difference

I drank some tea one night and it was old ,it made the room spin ,so bad It felt like I wasnt going to make it to the bed.I ended up at the hospital that night I thought I was loosing my mind again.
  4. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

Try the hot dip and remove method. It helps a lot.

L-Theanine is also available in capsules. This works for me.
  5. quilp

quilp New Member

I drink green tea regularly; it is said to be one of the best antioxidants in existence. I find that when I am in a flare it helps take the edge off the the pain. I have heard that it can also boost the immune system.
    Kind regards, Mark