'Green' drink powder is helping my pH and pain.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lilwren, May 20, 2003.

1. lilwren

lilwren New Member

I have been so weak and in so much pain that I haven't been able to juice so I started using a 'green' foods powder - mine is from Swanson Vitamins. A fellow board member turned me onto it - thanks Mouse! Anyway, I've been making a point to drink it as often as I can - maybe four times a day - and it is really helping. I used to only drink it once a day - now I drink it about every other time I drink a glass of water. The Swanson veggie powder is only $8!

I stumbled onto the reality of my pH problem when the nurse was giving me Meyer's cocktails. The solution was causing a lot of pain and burning and the nurse told me it was probably because the pH balance was off so she added bicarbonate (sp?) and it stopped hurting. She told me that was sure sign my Ph was off. She loaned me a book - The pH Miracle by the Youngs - so I could learn more about it. I must admit it is frustrating being so sick and trying to learn all of these new things, but the book sounds on point with a lot of my symptoms (I'm still reading). PLUS I know there has been a lot of discussion on the board about pH.

Just wanted to share the experience. Try it! :)

Love,
    Sharon L
  2. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

Hi Sharon! I would be interested in where you buy the Swanson green foods powder. I think I saw something like that advertised somewhere, but can't remember where.

Take care.......Kathi
  3. lilwren

lilwren New Member

Swanson has a web site where you can order the green foods veggie powder - it's swansonvitamins and a dot com. There prices are really reasonable, they ship fast and answer their e-mails - I like buying from them. The veggie powder actually has a pleasant taste and mixes really easily in room temp water - it's light and refreshing (not goopy & clumpy like others I've tried) - I love it! I just double checked and it's called Fruit & Vegetable Powder 230 Gram for $7.20.

Love,
    Sharon L
  4. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

for the info. I might give it a try although the liquid calcuim supp. I'm taking has already helped & I've only been on it a week. But it's always good to know of something else.

Thansk......Kathi