Green Foods Newbie LOL

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mme_curie68, Jun 1, 2006.

1. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

Okay, so thanks to Stormyskye and others, before I go home last night, I go to the Health Food store to look at the Green Foods stuff.

Am shocked to see what the prices are for this, but figure if it helps, it will be worth it.

Sales clerk guides me to single-serving packets of I think 'Green Vitality" - tells me it really tastes the best on its own or mixed with some organic apple juice. I belive her, figuring, hey, she takes it every day.

Bright and early this morning, I mix up a packet with plain water. Color is forest green - I look and think to myself "Huh, interesting".

Begin to drink in great gulps - after about two gulps my taste buds are in agony and my stomach is starting to flip flop.

I think, "Can't stop now, might as well keep going..."

Nevermind waiting for the herx - I almost HURLED. Couldn't even finish the last small sip in my mouth. I had to spit it out.

Moral of the story - use "The Shake" or take the darn capsules - I bought the SeaVegg capsules. LOL!

I do feel good though.

Hugs,
    Madame Curie
  2. Cakedec

Cakedec New Member

Made my morning laugh!

I had been taking some green food tablets, but have sent for some green food powder that advertised that it is the best tasting. We'll see! I plan to add it to my shake in the morning. Hope I can still drink the thing!!

Will let you know how it goes once it arrives.

Deb
  3. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

When I first started looking at green food supplements, I couldn't believe the cost!

You might want to check out the Ultimate Greens here at the Pro Health store. It's about $25 and lasts about a month. It's a powder.

I first tried it in water and then in juice and the color grossed me out, too! Talk about vibrant green! It didn't taste TOO bad, but I still kind of had to gag it down. The Ultimate Greens has a "tropical" flavor, kind of fruity.

Now I mix mine in with my morning shake. Mixed in the shake, I can't even taste it. It's a great way to get it down.

One warning, when I first started, I took a whole scoop and got a major stomach ache. I cut back to 1/4 scoop and was fine. Then I worked my way up to a whole scoop.

Where did you get your SeaVegg and how much did they cost?
  4. renjanson

renjanson New Member

My physical therapist told me she uses Juice Plus so I ordered it and have been taking it for a little while.
    It comes in 2 different bottles. One is green for the vegetables and one is red for fruits. They are capsules with powder in them.

Being that I am new to alot of these things, I really don't know how good any of them are. This one cost about $40 for one month.

Has anyone else tried this or know anything about it?
  5. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

I have a 7 year old that asks for this stuff!! He loves it!
    And the color.

I've used barely green mixed with water, it smells like grass, and isn't too bad if you drink fast. My little one thinks it's great!

I've been giving him greens since he was an infant, so he is use to it. My older boys think it's GROSS.

I also have spirilina capsuls, They are Very dark green, and i think they smell like a fish tank. I'm glad they are capsuls, and not powder.

However, once again my 7 year old thinks they are great.He puts them in his mouth and CHEWS them!! YEW!! He's a little character, we all get grossed out, and he thinks it's funny.

When mixed with the saliva the green looks almost black. The stuff sticks in his teeth, and make his whole mouth and teeth look like they are rotting, until the stuff finally disolves!!

Kids!
  6. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

by Garden Of Life . If you buy a product that has chlorella in it , start w/ a small dose . You will REALLY have a detox die off effect .