Green Foods Questions

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by twerp, Oct 2, 2006.

1. twerp

twerp New Member

Hi all, I've purchased some "UltraGreens" concentrated superfood.

It's powdered, and the directions say to mix it with 8 ounces of apple juice or other liquid.

Well, as those of you have tried this know, it tastes really nasty! And it's got a grainy texture to boot. Yech!

Has anyone discovered anything to mix this stuff with to make it more palatable?

How about mixing with hot beverages, like tea? Would that be OK? I'm thinking maybe it wouldn't be quite so bad in hot tea, since it might dissolve better. Afraid that might lessen its effectiveness, though, as it might "kill off" some of the good stuff....

How long did it take before you saw some positive effects?

Thanks for any input!

Hugs,
    Twerp
    [This Message was Edited on 10/02/2006]
  2. twerp

twerp New Member

3. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I eat the shake posted by Stormyskye. If you want to know more about it, read her post "My Road to Remission".

I just mix my green food supplement right into the shake. I drink it every morning. I use Ultimate Greens from the Pro Health store. I make my shake thin enough to drink through a straw by adding water and OJ. I also add lots of frozen fruit.

You can't taste it when it's mixed in the shake. I tried it a couple of times on it's own and thought it was gross. I also got a stomachache from it when I just mixed it with water.

I don't think mixing it with hot liquids would be good. I think it would kill off the good bacteria.
  4. twerp

twerp New Member

I appreciate your response very much.

Looks like the trick is to keep adding ingredients until you can mask that lovely taste! Ha!

I had the same thoughts about mixing with hot beverages like tea...

Hugs,
    Twerp
  5. twerp

twerp New Member

Yes, Lu, I agree with you. I think the texture bothers me more than the taste. That's why I was considering putting it in some hot tea...thought it might "melt" some.

Maybe someone else will have some ideas. If not, I think I'll see if they have something similar in capsule form.

Hugs,
    Twerp