greenbean7 I Received Reply From JCPenney Re American Living

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lgp, May 7, 2008.

1. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

Hi greenbean. I received this email three days ago from JCPenney re my email to them about my dissatisfaction with the American Living campaign and I quote:

"We understand your concern and appreciate your taking the time to contact us. Comments and criticism from our customers regarding American Living call these matters to our attention and enable us to take corrective action. They are forwarded to our Corporate office for consideraton.

The information provided is a great help toward increasing the satisfaction of all JCPenney customers.

We realize no apology we make can compensate for your disappointment. We look forward to serving you more satisfactorily in the future.

Thank you for shopping with JCPenney."

It was merely signed Customer Service Everyday Matters (no name of any person).

Anyway, any thoughts on this reply?

[This Message was Edited on 05/08/2008]
  2. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Sounds like a nice polite blow off to me. :0)

3. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Actually that letter is much more humble than the response I got which was most definately a "who cares" letter. It sounds to me as if they are getting a lot of complaints hence the "take corrective action" line.

My first response was kind of a thanks for your email now go away. It closed with thank you for being a loyal Penney's shopper. I wrote back and said I was no longer a Penney's shopper and received another response saying my concerns would be forwarded to the corporate office. Sorry now that I didn't save them so I could cut and paste them here!

I would encourage everyone to have everyone they know contact Penneys via email to make our feelings known. Maybe it will help, it couldn't hurt! I'm sure there are other people who have started this same type of response and I would hope to see it keep going.