greetings! can anyone help me re strep infection

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by invalid, Feb 4, 2004.

1. invalid

invalid New Member

I have been on various rotating antibiotics for 16 months to treat a strep infection (my ASOT is WAY above normal).

I seemed to be making progress for a while, then I felt worse and my asot went back UP to be HIGHER THAN EVER

I'm wondering - can ASOT be elevated when there is NOT a strep infection? In other words, am I taking all these antibiotics for nothing?

Also, has anyone else faced this problem, and if so, what did you do for it?

I've been EXTREMELY weak for a year and a half. I initially had ureaplasma infection as well. That appears to be gone but the strep is still hanging in there. My doc has now decided that I need INTRAVENOUS antibiotics as well as oral.

If THAT doesn't work, I don't know WHAT I'll do. I don't think I can cope with this misery much longer, as it is I almost went insane last year.

btw I started feeling worse again after doing some bizarre treatment that involved lying on a bed that had powerful magnets in it. Maybe it's just coincidence, but maybe that was what made me worse. However, I should note that my libido has been declining throughout this time.

And another thing - could my low testosterone levels be associated with infection in some way? I'm at a loss to explain it otherwise. My libido just went down and down and down, until I started taking testosterone pills.

I appreciate any help anyone can give me. I'm in a pretty bad way.