Greetings new to the board

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kirstee, Oct 11, 2006.

1. kirstee

kirstee New Member

I wanted to introduce myself to the Board. I found the board when I was doing some research on fibromyalgia, specifically the antibiotic protocol that I recently heard about. I'm currently on the guafenesin protocol, with great success. If, however, I can find a way to rid my body of fibro by using antibiotics, I would do so. Has anyone heard of the use of antibiotic therapy for guafenesin patients?

Blessings,
    Kirstee
  2. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Sorry i can't help you, i'm dong ABX for a possible lymes infection, can't say it's doing much for me.

Greeting to the board,

Misty
  3. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I'm glad you found us and if course, happy that the guai is working for you. The one who knows the most about this is Mikie who has been on antibiotics and antivirals while using guai. You might direct a post to her if she doesn't see this one. You might also consider looking into transfer factors.

Cheers
    Kathy
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Will only help if one has a bacterial infection. Sixty to seventy percent of people with CFIDS/FMS test positive in studies to having mycoplasma infections.

My illnesses were triggered full blown by a mycoplasma infection and I took Doxycycline for 2 1/2 years to get it under control. Like with Lyme, the mycoplasmas can form cysts deep inside the body and reactivate if one gets run down. Like with the Herpes Family of viruses, these bacteria never really leave the body.

Speaking of virisus, many feel better taking anti-virals if they have reactivated stealth chronic viral infections.

BTW, we have a small group here on the Guai Protocol. We call ourselves the Guai Ladies. I'm glad you are having success with the Guai.

Love, Mikie
  5. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Welcome to the board! Glad you are finding success in your treatment. It seems that many different protocols work for different people on this board. It seems there isn't just one answer. But I am sure you will find lots of advice here. I am starting up part of Dr. Teitelbaum's suggestions mixed with natural supplements. We will see what happens. Take Care, Kim
  6. maedaze

maedaze New Member

Greetings to you too, I see you have 3 minature schnauzers, arn't they great? I have got 2, Trax is 8 yrs old and we have got his daughter china who is 2 yrs old.

They are my constant companions, my only complaint... their bark!!!! They can wake the dead! and it's usually over nothing!!

How old are your dogs? would love to hear about them.

maedaze :eek:)

7. kirstee

kirstee New Member

Hi Maedaze:
    Another Schnauzer parent! I enjoy meeting other people who have chosen to parent such a fiesty dog, full of bark and vinegar! My older dog, Duncan, fought off a racoon that was attacking me - talk about fiesty! It seems Schnauzer's believe they are german shepherds.

Hey, gotta go make dinner. I'll talk soon.

Blessings,
    Kirstee
  8. maedaze

maedaze New Member

teehhheeee, yep they really do think they are bigger than they actually are..

Mine go crazy when someone arrives but if they don't know them they run around behind me scared as!! Wow he took on a racoon??? They can do some damage can't they? and it was attacking you?

When we went to the breeders to pick up Trax she had 8 yes 8 minature schnauzers that were hers??? LOUD!! and i thought oh no!! and NO WAY would i have that many dogs.... but now after being a parent to two now, yeah i would have more!!! They really are a breed of their own and wouldn't give them up for the world.

great to hear from you and great to hear you are getting results from the gua protocol.
    maedaze :eek:)
  9. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board. Great that you can exercise.

Lots of nice people here to chat w/, exchange info, etc.

Also you can read about various topics. See the library tab at the top of the page.
  10. kirstee

kirstee New Member

Hi Maedaze:
    Duncan fought off the racoon that was attacking me. I was running away from Rocky, pulling two dogs behind me. One was older and stiff as a board, and the other (Duncan), was barking trying to get at the raccoon. Such chaos! I tripped, the raccoon caught up with me, and started to lay into my feet. Since I only had flip-flops on, I received some bites and road rash. I had to go through rabies shots, which I'm sure didn't help my body any considering the fibro. Oh well, I'm doing fine now.

I've been talking to my husband about a fourth dog, but so far he's not interested.

Blessings,
    Kirstee
  11. swiss

swiss New Member

Welcome to our community. I hope you find lots of info and suppot here.

Michele