Gretchen12 How is the Effexor

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SusanEU, Jul 31, 2006.

1. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

Haven't seen a post from you lately and wondering how you are doing with the effexor?

Hope you are well.
    Sue in Ontario
  2. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

3. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

bumping for Gretchen
  4. Gretchen12

Gretchen12 New Member

Hi Sue,

I took it for a week and began to feel as if I were in a coma. I couldn't live with the Zombie feeling so I stopped.
    Maybe I should have tried longer, but I was afraid I was becoming way too zonked out.

I don't think ADs are for me.

Guess I will try 5HTP & see if that helps.

Thanks for your concern. I will keep you posted.

Gretchen
  5. Gretchen12

Gretchen12 New Member

6. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

Sorry that it didn't work out for you. I know the first couple of weeks on it are extremely rough. Believe me, I was in bed almost the entire time.

If you start the 5HTP just remember to do it very slowly. I found I had weird side effects from it too. But maybe if I'd stayed on it, it would have helped me.

Hope you are well

Sue in Ontario
  7. Gretchen12

Gretchen12 New Member

Hi Sue,

I have started out taking 50mg.5 HTP at night--can't tell any difference yet, guess it will take a little while.
    I just know I can't take AD's because they make me feel too loopy. Wish I could because I feel so depressed with this illness. Maybe I don't have "clinical depression" but what is called "situational depression" from having this DD take away my life.

I will keep you posted re the 5 HTP.

Thanks for your concern,

Gretchen
  8. carebelle

carebelle New Member

"situational depression"

This is a great description for many of us .We found that this DD takes so much from .Some of us are very happy people but thrown into a depression we probably wouldn't have if it was not for this DD.