Gross Subject Tips on getting rid of Roaches in apt?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by livin4him, Jun 1, 2006.

1. livin4him

livin4him New Member

There are three things I hate, spiders, snakes and those beasty little things - roaches. I live in an apartment and have not had a problem until now. I have seen three in the past two weeks - from the "baby" to the "daddy" - ewwwwwwww!!!!!

Called maintenance tonight to spray- hopefully they will do it soon. I have put out that gel recently the one in the tube - I like because it doesn't bother my cats or me.

This seems to happen whenever someone moves out or in of the apartment building - I guess they are looking for a new home.

Anyway, does anyone have any suggestions that helps them. I know that we all have chemical sensitivities so thats why I am asking you guys.

Thanks.
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

boric acid mixed with powdered sugar -
    put in bottle caps or small boxes in backs of cabinets esp if you have pets or small children.

My inlaws lived along the Gulf Coast, always had the giant size roaches - so nicely named 'palmetto bugs' LOL. The exterminator took pity on them and told them that's all he did for permanent control after spraying.

It will work as well without spraying first.

hope this helps!
    Victoria
  3. mykas_mommy

mykas_mommy New Member

But also get rid of any cardboard boxes and paper sacks. They live in those and come in your house from grocery stores and such. Also I posted a post yester day about kitchen lemons. Here is what it said: Keep insects out of the kitchen - You don't need insecticides or ant traps to ant-proof your kitchen. Just give it the lemon treatment. First squirt some lemon juice on door thresholds and windowsills. Then squeeze lemon juice into any holes or cracks where the ants are getting in. Finally, scatter small slices of lemon peel around the outdoor entrance. The ants will get the message that they aren't welcome. Lemons are also effective against roaches and fleas: Simply mix the juice of 4 lemons (along with the rinds) with 1/2 gallon (2 liters) water and wash your floors with it: then watch the fleas and roaches flee. They hate the smell.

good luck!!! I saw one two nights ago too. YUUUUUCCCCCCKKKK