Growing tomato's (upside down)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by joyfh, May 5, 2007.

1. joyfh

joyfh New Member

I have 5 plants in a pot..put a hole in the bottom on the pot put plant in hole put potting soil on top and water..there growing on a hanger..have not killed them yet..still green and trying to face sun..I have 1 small tomato growing..that is a start...this is my first step in gowing tomato...any one ever done this? JOY
  2. sisland

sisland New Member

I have Never Heard of this But it sounds interesting! I usually Have to Buy the Tomato Plants that have a (Really Good Start!)

Like about a foot tall and with tomatoes on them already! Due to the Climate i live in,,,,,,Lol!But This sounds so cool! I'm gonna try it,,,,,,,Thanks for sharing this idea!,,,,,,,,,,,,,Sisland
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

eat them? Standing on your head?

I grew some tomatoes in pails a few years ago. They were pretty good, but not as good as the ones when I was a kid.

Modern produce is made to ship, not to eat.
  4. joyfh

joyfh New Member

I check them all the time..they turn to face the small tomato is still growing..I stray tem with insect repelent every day..water them 2 a that we are getting some rain..I will save rain water for them..all I can do is try...we both love tomato...wish me luck...JOY