growth hormone blood test result

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Danielle, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Danielle

Danielle New Member

Hello,

I had posted before about a study being done in Oregon on growth hormone. I decided to let them test me to see if I was low in this. Well my levels were beautiful from how they worded it.

I guess you needed to be under 155 and mine was at 204. The normal is 90 to 252. 155 is considered low normal I guess.

It makes me wonder if I really do have fibro since I guess we ar supposed to have very low levels. Do any of you know about this?

I took the test just to find out the results. I had thought about participating in the study, but then found out that the hormone they give you may cause cancer or heart problems.

I try to do anything within reason to try and help with figuring this disease out. Have any of you been tested for this hormone?

Danielle
  2. kjfms

kjfms Member

Wow I have been meaning to do a little research on this and I guess I better get to it. Do you have a site for the study?

My Growth Hormone level is <0.1 but I have a pituitary tumor and I am assuming that is the reason I haven't any of the hormone.

Thanks for posting about this.

Have a good evening,

Karen :)
  3. Danielle

Danielle New Member

The study is being done at OHSU in Portland Oregon. It is a a fibromyalgia study. If you google OSHU Fibromyalgia study you'll be able to find the information. Hope this helps.

Danielle
  4. kjfms

kjfms Member

thank you so much for the information. I will look in to it. I would like to check in to taking growth hormone if I am able. I just haven't studied the subject very much and need to do a lot more reading on it.

Best wishes,

Karen :)