Growth Hormone Therapy?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ritatheresa, Feb 8, 2006.

1. ritatheresa

ritatheresa New Member

Hi all hope everyone is feeling as best as can be!!!

Has anyone been treated with Growth Hormone Replacement?
    I saw an endocrinologist and he's going to be checking my hormone levels.

From what I've been reading alot of FM patients have low growth hormone levels, among many other deficiencies.

I have severe sleep issues (lack of stage 3,4, REM) (alpha intrusion), which is when growth hormone is released.

My doc is checking my hormones with blood tests, I've seen alot of people saying they're hormones were checked with saliva tests.

I have to wait 2 days after my period.

Anybody know much about any of this?

Take care, Ritatheresa
  2. dancingstar

dancingstar New Member

I haven't done this yet, but I'm definitely going to. I think it's well worth trying.
  3. goscgal

goscgal New Member

i have been using genetropin mini quiks ( hgh). it has literally givne me my life back. two years ago i had all of the symptoms and bascially on ly went out to got o another doc. they loaded me up on all type sof meds to treat the symptoms. i found a great book by dr. uzzi reiss and i called his office. finally was referred to an endo who was treating her fibro/ cfid patients with hgh.
    i have remained on hte lowest amount availabe in the self-injectible form.
    it took about 6mths to notice a improvement, but then it got even better.
    AND i lost 40lbs, butmust attribute some of the loss to a change in diet removing ALL sugar, yeast foods.
    i highly recommend it, but of course be well informed.
  4. spiritsky

spiritsky Member

I've been using it for the last 4 months along with other hormones and it's been great. And right now it's just costing me $2 a day - i just need 1/4 of an IU...not bad at all.
  5. elsa

elsa New Member

Highly recommend it ... it has done fabulous things for me ... list is endless ... sleep and pain and immune system, etc. Read some of Dr. Robert Bennett's studies as well as Dr. Chaney. It is pretty much understood that GH will help most, with about 30% of patients being helped greatly.

I had a few days without it last December.... I am for certain in that "30%" group!

I would recommend a CFS/FMS integrated doctor for this ... I don't have huge faith in traditional endocrinologist treating clinincally and not strictly by the blood test numbers ... I could be mistaken here, but food for thought.

Take care,

Elsa