GRRRRR Doctors

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pooped, Aug 13, 2003.

1. pooped

pooped New Member

I went to my doctors appointment Monday armed with a list of nearly 50 symptoms I suffer on a daily basis with this fibro. Guess which one he zeroed in on?

MOOD SWINGS!!!!!!!!!

ARGH!!!!!!
  2. shazz

shazz New Member

That is so he can feel justified in writing you a script for SSRI's, or other antidepressants.
    Sometimes I think that is all they know.
    My phsychiatrist seems to be VERY knowledgable about fibro, I was shocked, and when I told him I did not want to go back on SSRI treatment he was actually agreeable.
    I guess you just never know who is up on what.
    I do feel for you, I have had plenty of others focus on the same thing, and try to put me back on prozac or similar.
  3. EZBRUZR

EZBRUZR New Member

Hey, pooped!
    They will never get it!!
    I hope you can soon find comfort and ease of suffering.Keep Mood Swings JUST for DR! :}
    Peace,eZ
  4. TNhayley

TNhayley New Member

Seems like many docs have very selective hearing. I just posted about having to fire my latest doc who has fibro himself! I hope you can find someone with true compassion and who will take the time to listen and truely try and help alleviate your symptoms! Warm hug,
    Hayley
  5. jofla

jofla New Member

I totally understand!!!!!!! whenever I go to my doc with a problem, he chalks it up to anxiety!!!!!!!
    Arent there any compassionate, knowledgble docs out there?

Jo
  6. lovabuga

lovabuga New Member

YOUR NOT ALONE WITH THIS I CAN PROBABLY LIST ABOUT 50 PROBLEMS TOO.MY DOCTOR WON'T LISTEN EITHER.THE BEST THING THAT I HAVE FOUND IS THIS BOARD.PUT TOGETHER EVERONES IDEAS AND TRY WHAT YOU CAN.MY DOCTOR DOESN'T BELIEVE IN GIVING ME PAIN MEDICINE...GET ALOAD OF THIS..BECAUSE I DON'T WORK HE SEEMS TO THINK THAT I CAN SUFFER AND DEAL WITH IT BECAUSE I DON'T MAKE A PAYCHECK.KEEP TRYING MAYBE YOU'LL HAVE BETTER LUVK SOON.
    LOVABUGA
  7. pooped

pooped New Member

Thanks for your replies and your compassion. I am sure their are thousands of people who feel, as we do, that doctors can be very arrogant and think they know so much when they actually know very little. It is so frustrating. Who gave these people such power over my life? How can a doctor tell me how I feel? How can he decide if I don't need a stronger pain killer? How can he decide if I am capable of holding down a full time job or not? Grrrrr! What gives him the right to treat me like a criminal drug addict when in all actuallity, he probably imbibes way more than I do. I don't even drink alcohol!
    I will take your advice. Time to look for a new doctor!!!!!

Love, POOPED