gThe clock is tickingI got ultrasound and blood tests done.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by joyfully, Jan 3, 2008.

1. joyfully

joyfully New Member

The clock is ticking---I got the ultrasound and blood tests done today to determine if I still have cancer.

Now the waiting game begins. My doctor appointment to get the test results is on the 10th.

Went to oral surgeon today. CAT test results of jaw indicate that I have no fracture on the right hand side of jaw. The doctor thinks it is still muscle and joint injury ---so I'm not supposed to chew for ANOTHER 4 weeks! AARGH!

It is a long time to wait for Jan 10th.
  2. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

What a difficult time this must be for you.

I'm sending warm thoughts and wishes your way.

3. sisland

sisland New Member

I'm so sorry to hear of your jaw injury and the waiting game for test results! my thoughts and prayers are with you!,,,,,,,,Hopeing for the best!,,,,,,,,Sis
  4. therealmadscientist

therealmadscientist New Member

If you get the doctor to OK ((or write on order form yourself......I didn't say that!)) that Ok to give results to patient......then lab will give you results directly. Or, Fax results to you even.

The main drawback is that the patient may not be able to interpret test results correctly. Like, a .1 difference in numbers may show up as "abnormal" but is insignificant other than causing unecessary worry in the patient.
    Hope all results come out OK, your mr Bill
  5. joyfully

joyfully New Member

You asked if the muscle and jaw issues were from an extraction.

I'll try to shorten this long tale!
    About 4 months ago, my 18 month old minature schnauzer had to be put to sleep after vallantly fighting for her life for about 12 days. I was devastated.

God works in mysterious ways because a minature schnauzer became available within the same week for adoption. He was a rescue from a family who left him in the back yard. He was bored and ignored. He would "escape" by digging under the fence and run across a very busy highway.

The owners turned the dog over to a rescue.

I couldn't save my dog, but I could save this little guy--so 3 days after Gretchen's death, I brought Rudy into my home. The first thing he did was lift his leg and pee on the corner of my sofa.

I soon found out that Rudy HATES cats. I was on my electric mobility scooter taking him for a potty run late at night with him running alongside. I use that retractable 16 foot long leash on him. It was dark, Rudy spotted a cat and ran off on a 90 degree angle. When he hit the end of the 16 feet, I was pulled off of my mobility scooter and landed on my face on the street. I had to get stitches, CAT scans, Xrays, and a tooth repaired. Several days later, my TMJ joints started acting up. I had to get a second CAT scan to determine whether I fractured my jaw in the fall. That is why I was back at the oral surgeon's office--I was getting the results from the CAT scan that they ordered. So they have a picture of Rudy hanging up in their office!

If you click on my name, you will see a Halloween picture of this little rescue doggie in his Halloween outfit. The pumpkins blink on and off. As you can tell by the expression on his face, he wasn't happy about posing for a picture. The kids were already out trick or treating. he wanted to run and play with them.

So this is the notorious Rudy.
    [This Message was Edited on 01/04/2008]
  6. joyfully

joyfully New Member

I really don't want to know the results ahead of the doctor. Normally, I would be interested, but I need the reassurance immediately from the doctor if they are bad.

I want to be able to ask questions immediately if I still have the cancer. I'm praying that the results will be good, but I am also preparing myself for bad news. So far, I've managed to be in the 5% that breaks the rules for what NORMALLY happens. I've been in the unlucky 5% rank TWICE so far with this darn cancer. I can tell that I'm getting less patient with my family during the Christmas break. Deep inside, I'm worried. I try to not think about it, but the concern is deep down there inside of me and brewing.

You find yourself making "deals" with God.

7. Jana1

Jana1 New Member

I read all your posts and know that you have so much common sense and give good advice.

My heart and prayers are with you as wait for the test results. All your friends here are rooting for you!

8. joyfully

joyfully New Member

My mobility scooter lift is slowly grinding to a halt. I was so uneasy each time I came back to my car. I was worried that the lift would completely stop and I wouldn't be able to load the scooter.

I'm still waiting for the part to arrive so the medical equipment store can install the new motor and gear box.

I don't really think about how many times I load and unload that scooter in a week. NOW I'm learning to appreciate my lift. Thank you lift!!!!

So the CAT scan, the ultra sound, and the blood tests are done. I find out on the 10th what my future has in store for me. I'll take all the prayers I can get.

I got a copy of some of the blood work in today's mail. My white blood count is very low. I don't know how that will impact any diagnosis. Maybe that is from the internal radiation ablatement treatments? I'm clueless.

A whole bunch of the blood test results that I received are about my RA. I don't get the other blood test results about the thyroid until I see the endo. doctor this coming week.

Tick tock, tick tock-----

Soft hugs. Joyfully

9. littlebrownwren

littlebrownwren New Member

From your cancer and your doggie wrecks.

Have had my share of doggie wrecks.
    DH had a 80lb boxer/chow mix that was a pain in the posteria.

one Easter morning ,before church, hubby still asleep, I ran half naked throught the woods in my nighty chasing down that blasted dog who was chasing a stray pony and there were 2 county deputies and some strange man with long gray hair and beard that was trying to catch his pony.They were on my property but I knew if that dog tried to bite one of them they would shoot him so I bolted after him in my night gown.

Long story short , got dog back home slung him in the house , locked the door and hid. To this day I could not tell you what those men looked like and I hope they don't remember me.

2nd story; Came in from church. This was 2 weeks after surgery to repair macular hole in my eye. 25% vision in that eye. No night vision in it. Let big dog out to wee and next thing I hear this awful yelping. Sent DH out . Next it sounds like a human is dying. My thought was the dog had found strange person on property and had attacked.

I had never heard such screaming and yelling and my DH was yelling for me. I walked in the direction of the screams,can't see a thing, fell in the branch twice. Finally got to the screaming and my dog is not there. Screaming coming from a chihuahua that weighed about 3 lbs and wasn't touched as he had hid under a tree root.

Forced my DH to give up his belt so I would have a leash to get big dog back home as he had now appeared.

Wanted to murder DH.

Shortly there after a small not fully grown doggie of your breed but long haired showed up at the back door.

I fell in love with her,and she is now almost 4 yrs.

Our big dog intimidated her but she won him over with kissies.

We had to have the big dog (12 yrs old) put to sleep in Nov from congestive heart failure. But not before my DH went on his yearly hunting trip and I had to spend days carrying that 80lb dog in and out to do his business.

Needless to say is that my Ra and fibro was thrown into a flare and I was an emotional mess.

I hated that dog but wept buckets of tears at his suffering when DH didn't want to put him down when he should have.

It's over now and we just have little lucy and she is our jewel. The big dog was mean to her but she mourned his passing, and went out on the porch and called him for 2 or 3 weeks, then one day just gave way to the long death howl as doggies will do. Now she just runs in and out 2 dozen times a day and watches for him.

I've threatened my DH with divorce if a large dog ever enters this property again as the above is only the tip of worry and stress the big dog has caused me.

One bit of advice about your baby is our vet is now suggesting a shorter leash and poo pooing the retractable ones, because of loss of control.

Prayers from Wren that your blood test will come back perfect.

10. joyfully

joyfully New Member

Loved your stories.

Retractable leash. yes, the instructor in the Pet Smart doesn't want me using it either. I'm still using it, but don't let the dog wander out as far before clicking so he can't take out more lead.

The reason I like the retractable is that the leash self- rewinds and doesn't get caught up in the back wheels of my scooter. I've literally sat on the curb trying to undo numerous revolutions of the leash onto the back axle of the scooter when I used a regular leash.

The problem is, I don't want to run over his paws (already did it once). I have to keep an eye on him constantly if he is running right next to the scooter. He sometimes just wanders right into the side of my scooter. he isn't the brightest light bulb in the box! It is best if I run my scooter on the street and Rudy runs down the sidewalk. That distance requires 6 to 8 feet because I have to drive further from the curb whenever I get close to a storm culvert opening.

11. joyfully

joyfully New Member

No, I didn't see your post. I have not been going back to the cancer board recently. Since I'm going to be getting test results on Thursday whether I still have cancer, I just have been avoiding the cancer board. i don't even want to read a title that may upset me. I'm just taking it one step at a time and trying to get through this coming Thursday. I see two different doctors in two different towns AND I also have to get an injection at a third doctor's office. The first appt. is the endo. Dr. That is the one I'm concerned about.

No, I haven't ordered one yet. I saw a couple online. I want one that has at least 11 different reminder times that can be programmed into it.

After Thursday, I'll look on the cancer board to find if your source is different than the ones I've looked at.

Thank you for taking the time to help me look up info. on this. you would think that drugstores would carry this. After all, that is where you get the medications from.

Oh, I'm STILL waiting for the motor and gear box to come in for my Bruno mobility scooter lift for my car! I ordered this before Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!![This Message was Edited on 01/08/2008]