Guai Benefits Without The Guai Treatment

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, May 6, 2003.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

If one buys into Dr. St. Amand's theory that it is phosphate debris which is deposited into our soft tissue which produces our pain and tender points, this may be of interest.

Even if you are not doing the Guai treatment, and if you are, you can eliminate the debris through the intestines by taking a calcium tablet with each meal. This causes the phosphate debris to bind to the calcium in the intestines which have no problem eliminating them. It is our kidneys which cannot eliminate the debris and that is why some of us take the Guai so that our kidneys can excrete this debris.

Many of us take magnesium and need the calcium anyway, so this may help with two problems. Not all the calcium is used for eliminating the phosphates and is available for other functions in the body.

Love, Mikie
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I hope a lot of people see this as it's an easy thing we can do without a lot of effort on our part. We need the calcium anyway.

Love, Mikie
  3. Goodday

Goodday New Member

And some people with fibromyalgia have a constant low blood pressure. Wouldn't the extra magnesium be contraindicated?
    I take calcium/magnesium citrate along with an extra magnesium and I feel better because I have high blood pressure. (I also take a B/P pill) Anyway, whatever works. I do believe in the phosphate theory. I tried guai--and the tissue swelling in my fingers almost disappeared. My doctor put me on low dose naltrexone, 4.5 mg. It works great for pain and fatigue, morning stiffness, and it creates a feeling of general well-being. I went on 3 mg because on 4.5 I was feeling a bit hyper. I see that my finger swelling is slowly going away with that med. I also gave up Neurontin, Ultram, and Trazodone. I take Norflex or Baclofen only occasionally now. I did not have to go through all the pain that quaifenesin causes in the beginning. Releif was within 3 days, not months. Thank-you Dr.Zygon and low dose naltrexone. (An immune system enhancer drug, a T-cell helper drug, and an endorphin enhancer drug.) This is the best I felt felt in four years and I have been on it for 30 days. Lucky me! It cannot be used with narcotics such as morphine, codeine, Percocet, or a Duragesic Patch. It was made in the 1980's at 50 mg dose for recouperating heroine addicts. Today it is used in low doses for pain relief and it works.
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Then the calcium would bind to the magnesium and help with the low BP situation. I know that magnesium heals muscle tissue and that a lot of people with FMS do take extra magnesium.

Love, Mikie
  5. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

I had posted this morning & asked if anyone had heard of a product called Body Balance. Their's is the same theory about the calcuim. They also have a product called Osteoprocare. In the booklet it states that "calcuim is crucial in making the body fluids alkaline, therefore, calcuim is crucial to the prevention of disease." I states if your saliva tests between 6.0 & 6.5 you are developing a disease & should take 2400 mgs. of calcuim a day (2 oz. of OsterProCare). If your saliva tests lower than 6.0 you have a disease & should take 3600mg. calcium per day to start to help you get well. So I guess this is the same as the Guai theory, but without the same protocal.

I'm taking calcuim citrate right now but 3600 mg. is a lot of pills a day. What I have is 1,000mg. per 4 pills. So I'd have to take about 15 pills a day - if my math is right. It'd be much easier to take 3 oz. of this Psterprocare.

A few months ago I started taking SeaSilver & noticed an immediate jump in energy level. But now it seems like my energy is waning again. I'd like to try this other stuff, but wanted to see if anyone else heard of it before I bought it. So far no one has said they tried it. Maybe I'll just go for it - we'll see.

Anyway I thought it was interesting to see your post after just reading this material about this other product today.

Take care........Kathi
  6. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

I got mine at the pharmacy. There were 100 strips in a little bottle for about $8.00.

Take care........Kathi
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Be sure to keep us updated if you decide to try this. Good luck and thanks for the info.

I'm about ready to do a Guai treatment update.

Love, Mikie