Guai Book?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gottalottalove, Feb 25, 2006.

1. gottalottalove

gottalottalove New Member

I went to some of the sites that was given on a previous post. I find it interesting that Salicylate Sensitivities and their symptoms. I have had chronic migraines and fms for years and ready to throw in the towel, until I read this post. I know, it takes a rock upside my head to move on in treatments! I will order the book now. But, I wanted to share that my 16 year old son has terrible allergies to aspirin and also to trees. Well, I also just bought Tea Tree Oil soap, and he is having a rash, come to think of it, so is my 14 year old son with my chronic migraines etc. I can't wait to get you thoughts on trying to cut back their diets and skin/hair care to minimums of Salicylates. My question is, can you very high and extremely high sal foods and skin products and still take guai with results? How about for the kids? I am getting more and more informed as I search the web. Very interesting and thanks for the old info on a recurring basis. Tina
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

When you read the book, a lot will be explained. Sals block the effects of the Guai and must be avoided in personal-care products. About the only thing one cannot eat is mint and any supplements with high botanical/herbal extracts. The diet part of the treatment is for those who have hypoglycemia and it is a low-carb diet.

It would seem that if you guys are sensitive to sals, using sal-free products would help. There are plenty of them out there.

Love, Mikie