Guai for CFIDS?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bioman85, Aug 24, 2005.

1. bioman85

bioman85 New Member

hey hey!

I've been readin up on this guai protocol, but I'm wondering if it works for CFS as well. I have very little to no pain.

Thanks,
    Chris
  2. bioman85

bioman85 New Member

3. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

Dr St Amand believes that CFS & FMS are the same illness, so it's worth giving the Guai a go if you're interested. Do follow the book very carefully, best wishes
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The Guai has been a God send for my FMS symptoms. I don't know whether it would help or not but it couldn't hurt to give it a try.

Many, many with CFIDS go on to get FMS. Taking the Guai would prevent the FMS from manifesting its symptoms.

Love, Mikie
  5. bioman85

bioman85 New Member

I did order the book, so it should come next week sometime. The only problem is I have a problem with acne, and I use Tazorac and Duac gel, so I need to find out if that "sal" thing (i don't remember the name) is in the medicine i use.

6. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

I have acne too & most acne creams are sal-full, so you might want to ask on the Guai Group message board what acne products people in your country are using. The low carb diet has helped a lot tho'.

There are products for oily skin on the Marina del Ray pharmacy website.I have imported some Paula's choice oil absorbing face mask & find it excellent.

I had CFS for three years before the FMS started , & believe they are the same illness.best wishes
  7. bioman85

bioman85 New Member

do you know the best source of information for products and sals?
  8. Dlebbole

Dlebbole New Member

I had severe weakness and fatigue several years ago. My activities were limited to "gearing up" to take my kids to school and maybe doing one load of laundry. I took the guai for a few months. I did get a little worse, but it was so bad that I didn't notice the difference that much! Then, one day, out of the blue, I felt GOOD. I had energy. That "take-feeling-good-for-granted" feeling. Wow. I had to stop the guai as it caused severe stomach pain. I was also taking a miniscule dose of about 25 mg. I think if I were to try again, I'd do a "modified homeopathic" approach. That's the way I usually try things now.

I take a pill or whatever, dissolve it in water, then take a small amount, say 1 teaspoon or whatever.

Bottom line, I think there's something there. Will you report back to me?? Diane
  9. Dlebbole

Dlebbole New Member

I like biology too. Diane
  10. bioman85

bioman85 New Member

Hate to burst your bubble, but I really am not into biology, the name is something that's stuck with me for many years.

anyway, i will know very quickly if it works or not, because I have had this for a little under a year, so a couple months after I start I should be much better!!!
  11. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

Your best source of information is the Guai Group website on Yahoo, or the Guaidoc website, Chris.

Guai will make you feel worse as the phosphates leave your body cells. A tolerable increase of symptoms is an indication that you are reverse cycling. good luck