Guai Gals My first Fitness Center Experience

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by janieb, May 17, 2006.

1. janieb

janieb New Member

Hi,

Everyone has been so kind in trying to help me.

Since we're pretty well finished with the remodeling, I'm not trying to concentrate (joke) on getting caught up on paperwork and going through all my cosmetic, etc. to make sure there are no salicylates in them.

Surprising to discover that quite a few items did not contain sals. I used the lists and called some companies. E-mailed Marina Del Rey yesterday, but do not yet have an answer.

The Fitness Center wasn't too bad. It has a thousand square feet of equipment and another area for aerobic dance classes and other activities; a walking track that reaches all the way around the upper level of the gymnasium. There was an older ladies aerobic class going on while I was on the machines, and they looked like they were having fun. Someone put a lot of thought into that setup.

This is part of our local school district, so, in part, the cost is included in our tax levy, but for today, she wouldn't charge me and I don't know what the cost will be.

The lady who operated it today was wonderful. She's a nurse, married to a doctor and she's caring, cheerful and perky. Went through each machine with me and asked lots of questions. God, I love her. After she talked to my PT person she called me at home to see if she could help. They have charts where they put instructions for the machines, reps, settings, etc. This may not be different, but it's all new to me.

They have a different person running things every day and they're open weekends and evenings, too. I'm thinking morning or afternoon is their less busy time. Anyway, my back muscles are now screaming and I need to take some meds and rest awhile.