Guai Ladies Celebration

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by janieb, Jun 15, 2006.

1. janieb

janieb New Member

Thought this was worth starting a new string.

First of all - thanks for all your assistance.

Secondly, I got out of bed this morning and walked out into the living area, and after 15 minutes, I said to my husband, "I feel great! " Nothing hurt. What a wonderful feeling. It's been so long. It's now afternoon and I'm beginning to feel a little uncomfortable, but thinking, "so this is what is feels like."

I'm thinking now that it has to mean the guai is working. Would that seem reasonable to you? If so, do I increase the meds or leave them where they are?

It isn't that I don't read the book, but it's hard to find and I have so much confidence in you gals.

Glad you can get back to the cherries and I hope you're feeling better Mikie.

Start to pick strawberries (for sale) on Saturday. There will be a few, but after that it's going to be crazy.

Husband at doctor. He's thirsty all the time, can't get enough sweets, and falls asleep driving. Called his doctor's substitute nurse yesterday and she told me his last test for sugar was about 9 points above acceptable. When asked why they hadn't said something, she said it was always normal before so they didn't think too much of it.

His doctor isn't available today, so after talking to the regular nurse she made an appointment in urgent care for this afternoon. Diabetes on both side of his family. He's suppose to call me when he gets out of his appointment.

Thanks again, and Blessings,

janieb

2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Considering his family history, the doc was negligent in not telling him about his sugar. Western medicine is more about letting people get sick so they can be treated instead of prevention.

If it were me, I would continue to do what you are doing for a bit. You are definitely cycling on this dose. That you had some good hours is very good news. You can always increase the dose down the line once you get a feel for cycling. Congratulations!

I slept for two hours today. I needed it to continue to feel better. Everything I am doing is helping and I should get back on track one of these days. The extra Guai I'm taking is causing a bit of aching so that tells me that perhaps I need a little more than I've been taking as a maintenance dose.

Love, Mikie
  3. janieb

janieb New Member

I'm pretty excited. Will stay on the same dose and see what happens. Up until this morning I wasn't sure it was cycling, but now it seems pretty apparent.

Husband's tests are OK, so he's on his way from Wisconsin to Michigan to pick up a load of early berries to get his stands filled first. Seems silly to me, but have to trust that he knows what he's doing. Will be back sometime during the night tomorrow. Took the phone numbers of his sellers, so they can be set to go Saturday morning. The nurse suggested that just maybe he was trying to do too much for someone 65 years old.

Don't know what I would have done without you gals to keep me straight.

Take care of yourself and I hope you're feeling better soon.

Thanks again and Blessings.

Janieb

4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm glad your hubby dodged the bullet this time but, considering the family history, he really should eat to keep his blood sugar normal. As we age, it can get more and more difficult to keep it under control.

I am getting better, at least, my chest is better. I'm so fatigued and groggy from the meds that I'm useless.

We have a new Guai Lady, Nam. I told her to look for our "Guai Ladies" posts. Where are our other Guai Ladies?

Love, Mikie
  5. Jude

Jude New Member

Dear JanieB

In the beginning of reversal on the protocol it is not uncommon to have a few good hours here and there. It gives us hope of possible things to come. In our enthusiasm it is easy to slip into that old cliche "If a little bit is good then more is better" so we are tempted to rush things by upping our dose too fast. So stay on your current dose for awhile longer. If you overshoot your dose, you can end up in so much pain you will be tempted to quit. I wish it were a faster process but it isn't. So stay where you are for a little longer.

Jude
  6. janieb

janieb New Member

I realize you're taking time that is precious to you to help me out and I do so much appreciate it.

We have another newbie out there today, too. When I feel I can give help or encouragement, I tend to answer, otherwise, I leave it to the experts.

These other people will appreciate you as much as I do.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Blessings,

janieb
  7. bigmh

bigmh New Member

Hi Janieb, Mikie, Jude and all,

Gee I'm glad to read that your husband is OK, Janieb...it sounds like it is something to watch though. I wish you good luck on your berries. We are going to try to pick cherries next week. They are pretty split up after the rain...oh the stress of farming!

I'm so glad that you are feeling better, Janieb. I tried to post to you yesterday, but it dropped my post..grrr. Anyway, you have the experts helping you.

Mikie...glad that you are feeling better even though tired. You will persist and beat this stuff yet!!

I've had some good hours lately, too, and have been exercising at the gym already 3 days this week! It is hard with all of the stress, but the guai is helping me, I'm pretty sure.

Well, love to you all...Ann
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

We are also tempted to overdo it because we can feel like a million bucks and just want to make the most of it. Enjoy it but hold back to avoid an FMS flare. My rule of thumb is to do only 1/3 of what I think I can on a good day. It has served me well.

Love, Mikie
  9. janieb

janieb New Member

and I was very happy with my husband's test results, but then he left Thursday night to drive from Wisconsin to Michigan for strawberries. Left me with a dozen jobs to get done while he was gone and it turned out even worse.

Fitness Center this a.m., two trips to the bank for change, he called to tell me he had a vehicle breakdown and didn't have a credit card with him and they wouldn't take an out-of-state check and what could I do about it. Did manage to get it all straightened out, but I was surprised they wouldn't take a credit card over the phone.

Then it was a matter of making up 12 change purses for sellers and designing a sign for him for Saturday (tomorrow). But before that, a semi arrived with $3800. worth of plastic pails, and fortunately a neighbor came down to help unload, because there was no way I could lift the cases.

In spite of all that, I wrote in my log tonight that I had no more pain than normal. We'll see about tomorrow. Am going to try to take it easy.

Thanks for your continuing concern and assistance.

Blessings,

janieb
  10. bigmh

bigmh New Member

What a huge day you had!! I hope that you feel OK today...I would be absolutely dead in bed the next day.

I'm going to heed Mikie's advice about doing 1/3 of what I think I am capable. I've never quantified it, but have always tried to do somewhat less than I could...it's good to have a number to shoot for. Thanks again, Mikie.

Keep us posted, Janieb....Ann
  11. janieb

janieb New Member

This is the first chance I've had to get on the computer.

Mikie, you were totally right. Today is a b ---- and I still have many hours to go. Change boxes for tomorrow and the telephones ring constantly. My granddaughter brought out her "uniform" - size one fits all, to have it altered. She's about a size 3 and was swimming in it.
    Looks somewhat better now, but the style is awful for a tiny little girl. She works at Norske Nook, perhaps you've heard about their famous pies.

Anyway, I knew at the time I should take your advice, but it was unavoidable, so will pay the price and try for a better day tomorrow. Glad to hear others find the suggestion to valuable, too.

Blessings,

janieb