Guai Ladies

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JTyre, Jun 27, 2006.

1. JTyre

JTyre New Member

I want to start Guai. P. on my own. Is it safe to do without a Doctors supervision? I read the FM treatment Center page explaining G.P. and how much to start taking. I will be sure to order off of ProHealth Store.
    Eager to start.
    Jackie
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The protocol can be done without the supervision of one's doc but I would definitely let him or her know about the addition of the Guai. Of course, having a doc familiar with the protocol is the ideal.

There is a lot more to the protocol than just taking the Guai. If one is going to do the treatment it is essential to read and understand the book, "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Fibromyalgia." One has to be sal free (expalined in the book) before starting or failure is almost guaranteed. Learning how to adjust the dose is also important.

There are people here who are glad to help and support for those on the Guai Protocol is wonderful. We really want everyone who tries it to succeed. Even with a doc to supervise, most of the onus is on the patient to understand the protocol and follow it exactly. Good luck.

Love, Mikie
  3. JTyre

JTyre New Member

I printed out the order form for the book and have to mail my check. Does it really take 3-4 weeks to receive it? I want to get stated ASAP on the Guai. I am so impatient. Just tired of hurting!!!

I am not sure my PCP will know what the Gaui. P. is. I am going to copy some info/explanation and take it with me to my appt. on July 5th.
    Thanks,
    Jackie
  4. JTyre

JTyre New Member

I will make sure I do not consume any salicylate. It that the hard part (reading ingredients and labels?
    Take care,
    Jackie
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I bought my book at Barnes & Noble, so I don't know how long it takes to get if mail ordered.

It's too much to go into here about eliminating sals; you really need to read the book. It's not about eating things with sals; it's about sals in our everyday personal-care items. Why not read the book and if you still have questions, ask away and we will be glad to answer them.

Love, Mikie
  6. JTyre

JTyre New Member

You have been very helpful. Tomorrow I will go buy the book. Did not know it was available in book store.
    Thanks,
    j.